Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsWeddings · 1 decade ago

wedding question?

I was just wondering if anyone can tell me whether it's possible to incorporate flowers w/ feather centerpieces? If there are any pic's of feathers w/ flowers available, please post. I'm looking for high centerpieces. I was just wondering if flowers and feathers would look ok together! Thanks

Favorite Answer

Flowers and feathers always look good together. Make sure that your reception hall has high ceilings before you decide to go with tall centerpieces. Feathers look best with bigger flowers so there is not too much of a cluster. Good luck

Yes, ostrich feathers look great for a more formal wedding that is using whites and goes great with classic roses or peonies. Try and counteract the long slim line of the feather with a nice full flower....

Peacock feathers go great for a more rustic feel, paired with minature callas and some curlling willow would be nice

Pheasant feathers look great with deep crimson flowers like roses, coxcomb, dahlias....

all go well in large tall centerpieces.

Yes, they are gorgeous! You can do high, low, anything!

I did a wedding last Sept. where the b'maids wore chocolate brown, and the bride wanted to incorporate that somehow, so we did oranges, yellows, ivories, corals in the floral arrangements and then added the brown with pheasant feathers! Very formal & sophisticated!

Source(s): I'm a wedding planner.

What a cool idea! I think they will look lovely. Peacock feathers may be good to use to enhance floral displays as they are colorful and vary in height. I am sorry I don't have a picture, but in my opinion, you can't go wrong combining elements of nature together in a display.

Good luck!

Peacock feathers look great with flowers, as long as the flowers match. If you are doing daisies..they will look awful. But, if you have really rich, elaborate flowers, than by all means - stick um in!!!

Ask your florist or head to an arts and crafts store and talk to them. Pics are good, but not nearly as good as seeing it in person.

www.thewhitelily.com Although they do not give alot of pics they do have a few.

http://wedcrafts.com/frostedeiffel.html

Also try

www.weddingflowersandmore.com

These all helped me on my wedding!!!!

I do not know why they all did not link. sorry

I think it would look good. Just remember it is your day and it should be how you want it.

Any-thing's possible it is your wedding ! do whatever you want!! budget permitting that is!