~B~ asked in Family & RelationshipsWeddings · 1 decade ago

Anyone ever get married in Hot Springs Arkansas?

Where? What time of year, and would you recommend it? Thinking about having our wedding there on Lake Hamilton. Any problems you ran into?

Favorite Answer

I did a wedding there last May 25 at Garvan Woodland Gardens & it was gorgeous! Rather hot, but it is spring in AR, so you never know! April is usually too rainy and unpredictable to here to do outdoor weddings, but May and June are good. July and Aug. way too hot, but Sept, Oct. & usually Nov. are good.

Source(s): I'm a wedding planner.

I live near Hot Springs. Didnt get married there but did have our honeymoon there. On Hwy 7 North (going out towards the Hot Springs Village) is this really nice, scenic mill with the waterwheel that is a Wedding chappel. I passed it once and thought it would be a really cute, nostalgic place to have a wedding. One really cool time to get married on the Lake would be the 4th of July. Seriously time it just right and you will have awesome fireworks as a background for your I Dos. They do a really big display every year. Other wise I would probably do it during the Fall sometime after the leaves change but before it gets very cold. Also during the fall there would be fewer people around. Just some ideas. COngratulations!!!