What does this code or puzzle mean? et.?

My boyfriend sent me a text. It simply read et. When I saw him later, he said it was like a code or puzzle and I had a month to figure it out. The only clues I have gotten are....one time I think he said something about what numbers those letters stood for. So, to get an e, you have to hit 3 twice, 8 once for the t and 1 once for the period. The second time he sent it to me was after I sent him a text saying I was thinking about him and loved him and he replied with et. again. When I talked to him later, I mentioned how frustrating it was and he said if I knew what it meant, I wouldn't be frustrated. HELP!!!

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I couldn't understand what you were saying at all.

• xwdguy
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

If the number 3381 or the initials E.T. aren't significant to you or your relationship (I'm guessing it isn't since it just seems frustrating to you), tell him you'd like a response from him that's more direct and less of a mystery; that this had been his response to you after you really opened up to him. Puzzles are fun, but they shouldn't get in the way of relationships. When Patrick Swayze said "Ditto" in "Ghost", did it seem caring, or was it a cop out? The alternative is to accept that this is his "Ditto". Does he ever use the three little words?

P.S. I'd go with Kelsey W.'s answer if he asks you if you figured it out.

Source(s): Puzzle constructor, 20+ years
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

3 words. 8 letters, 1 meaning. I think that the first 3 is insignificant. My parents used it when they were younger. It means I love you.

• 1 decade ago

Is that 3381? I don't know...

Those are just the letters on the keys he is pressing. (3=def, 8=tuv,)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

3381....maybe its not about numbers.

3381 could be a address,

part of a phone number maybe.

or the letters stand for something, like how lol stands for laugh out loud.

thats confusing.

• isnt it obvious? et is trying to phone home!!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

it's your anniversary 03/03/1981

or your birthday maybe????

• 1 decade ago

gave up reading it

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.