Why do they censor YAHOO military...what are they afraid of...the Troops might learn something?

No sense in the troops thinking for themselves when you can keep em like SHEEP. The us Government needs sheep

Favorite Answer

Why don't you join the military AND THEN ask stupid questions? My husband isn't a sheep. He's a PROUD UNITED STATES MARINE serving his country! He knew what he was getting himself into when he signed that contract, and when he renewed it over and over. He's been a Marine for the past 15 yrs and loving it!

Like I said, go join! Maybe YOU will learn a thing or two.

I don't think I know what you're talking about.... who censors yahoo answers... what exactly are the troops going to learn from it...I think they would know more about the war than any of us on Yahoo answers... we have no idea what is going on over there..! Perhaps the censor yahoo answers to keep the troop morale up, so they don't have to read comments like yours... I would hate to think people were saying some of the things about me people say about the troops on here if I was risking my life everyday for an unknown cause, but all I knew is I was going to protect the freedoms of my country by any meens necessary

After basic training, I'm sure the troops are well aware of what they are getting themselves into. My 2 cousins, my uncle and my brother in law all knew what they were getting themselves into when they signed up for the marines. They've all served 2 tours in Iraq and my uncle has also served a tour in Afghanistan and The Gulf War in 1991. They are all very proud to serve their country. I can't believe you would call our servicemen sheep. You're the one listening to everything the media says. So guess who the real sheep is.

To correct your mistaken information, our U.S. Military DOES think for itself. We have to make decisions about many things many times a day. Ever done any time on a flight deck during flight ops? You have to think! Ever run a nuclear reactor on a ship? You have to think. Ever fire a gun on a ship or on land? Ever try to find a part when all you have is a piece of the part number and it is a critical part of the ship? I could go on and on. You have to know what you're doing and THINK. THINKING doesn't seem to be YOUR strong point.

(USN, retired)

They didn't join the military to become free thinking individuals, they are part of a team and that team leader is George W Bush, like it or lump it.

"GOD BLESS OUR TROOP'S"

• John T

The sheep stay at home. They're called civilians. They believe everything CNN feeds them.

• Adonai

You may want to notice that the military in Iraq is mostly National Guard; they are not disciplined troops , for the most part they are out of shape, overwieght and not focused much.

If you have seen some of the videos online you see it speaks for itself as they pretty much say whatever they wish and this is a BAD thing for Iraqi-U.S. relations.

There are people in the National Guard whom would tell ALL, there locations, supply routes, manpower, firepower and so on just for the publicity. Think about that.

They don't censor here unless the content is offensive. You can be as confrontational as you desire, but when you start being disrespectful or spouting hate, they will yank you.

They're afraid the truth will leak out from the troops.