hey123
hey123 asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 1 decade ago

Have you ever grown apart from your friends?

like for instance have you ever had friends that you really were tight with, but then one day you just did not seem to have anything really to talk about anymore and it seemed that you guys were growing apart?

Favorite Answer

Yes in the past I have gone through this. It is natural and common, we all change as people I guess whether we like to admit it or not. It can be a bit disappointing at the time but after a few years when you look back you will be ok with it and see it as part of your life development.

Of course! It is totally normal and it happens all of the time even though you might not want it to happen. Back in elementary school (3rd grade) I became really good friends with a girl that later became my best friend. In 5th grade my family and I had to move because of my parents jobs and I moved about an hour and a half away from where she lived. We always called each other to talk about normal girl stuff (guys, friends, drama, shopping, clothes....etc.). After about 3 years we kinda stopped going over to each others house and inviting each other to birthday parties. By this time I found a new best friend and so did she. I do miss her a little but friends do move on and find other friends but they will always leave a place in your heart. Like I said it is totally normal when two friends grow apart. It doesn't mean that they got in a fight or they started hating each other it just means that they are both at different stages in their life. I hope I have helped.

~ Brunette Beauty ~

Yes, I think everyone deals with this at some point for whatever reason, like you said maybe it's that you just grow apart or people change, or maybe you just realize who the REALLY are but for whatever reason some people come into our lives for a season, some for a reason and some just make such an impression even if you're far apart they are always close in heart. I always say, if you count count on one hand the people you can count on at 4:00 a.m., you are really blessed.

Absolutely. My old best friend moved back to her home country and for a while we emailed but then she just stopped. I really miss her but I think even if we met again it would be really weird, because we've both changed.

And I recently changed schools while my friends stayed at my old school. I do my best to keep in touch and meet up with them and stuff but it's hard. I really hope we don't grow apart but we probably will.

It's an unavoidable fact of life, sad but true.

I am feeling the same way about one of my old friends right now. It's hard because you don't really understand it at first. Lifes experiences can bring you closer or cause you to drift apart. Here is a quote that helps me with things like this.

"People come into your life for a reason, a season, or a lifetime. When you figure out which it is, you know exactly what to do." ~Michelle Ventor

This has happened to me a few times in my life. My only regret now that I am much older is that I had tried somehow to keep those friendships going on some level even though I may have made new friends and moved on with my life. I think it was easier just to break the ties and move on but with some effort I could have kept them all in some way.

yeah that has happened my friend just started hanging out with some other people and some of my other friends are probably going 2 grow apart because our school is closing and most of us r going 2 go 2 a different school but we're still going 2 keep in touch

Yes it happen all the time. Sometime we grow apart from our friends. We meet other friends. But we do remain friends, just dont talk or hang out like u used to.

• -sighs softly-

Yeah...it happened...and I had to let her go.

She made things so hard for me to just say goodbye.

I once had a friend. I'll call her Mikayla. We were super tight for about ten months. Then the following two months I grew up immensely and I just came to realize my friend hadn't been treating me right all along. It hurt me to finally see this and experience it over and over again with my eyes wide open. At last I just said I'd had enough and told her I'd grown up enough to know we were growing apart. To save ourselves from later pain I broke it off after school ended.

Yes I have. My friends and I just got through the terrifying 9th grade year. All of my friends adapted very well except one of them. Instead of focusing on her schoolwork she focused mainly on the boys in the 10-12th grade. Her grades, as you can imagine, were inadequate and her mother threw scolding at her regularly. I know this because she would drive me to school every day. Anyway, I saw her one day making out with this guy who looked to be in eleventh of twelve grade. She didn't see me and when she and the boy separated I went off on her about how she was going to fail all of her classes if she kept this up. She said to me that she really didn't give a ___. I was appalled and she and I still don't talk to each other, neither do any of my other friends talk to her. She made horrible decisions in her first year of high school and my mother has forbidden me to invite this girl over any more because of her irrational behavior.

She and I rarely speak and all of my other friends have each eaten her ears off with their retorts.

She think it's my fault that everyone turned on her but it is really her fault.

So there's my story.