Student loan with no cosigner and parents have bad credit history, help any suggestions?

I have filled out all my government papers Fafsa and Im looking for a student loan that I won't have to have a cosigner with. I have ok credit but my parents don't. I'm an adult so do I still have to have a cosigner?

Favorite Answer

When I applied for FAFSA there was no need for a cosigner. There were other qualifications such as a classes attempted versus classes completed ratio, and being enrolled in a college. My ratio was not desirable so I was unable to receive the FAFSA loan, which I greatly regret.

Student loans rarely have good interest rates and no fixed interest rates. So if you can, DO get the FAFSA loan of which there is NO interest rate! I borrowed 14,600 from Wells Fargo and by the time I'm done paying it off I will have paid them 47,000! Get FAFSA and all the Pell Grants that come along with them, that you never have to pay back. You will be sooo happy you did!

Good luck with school!