Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleMakeup · 1 decade ago

mascara ? what is the right way to apply ? which one is the best ?

OK, so I have been wearing make-up, like forever, but same as a lot of women I change my mascara every 3 months (like your meant too), and every time try a different or "new" one, but just how are you meant to apply it ?, over the years i have heard so many different ways, from wiggling the brush to the tip, to stopping when your nearly at the end of your lashes and waiting a few sec's, from only one coat, or both sides, too quickly re-coating??? I am quite lucky, i have long slightly curled black lashes any way, but i love the very black "false lash" look and would love to have head turning lashes! any tips would be great as well as any good mascaras to try!

Favorite Answer

well you say you have eyelashes that are slightly curled, I recommend curling them some more, what helps is holding your eyelash curler under a blow dryer but remember your not trying to heat up your eyelash curler your only trying to warm it up, then after its warm not hot curl your eyelashes for about 30 + seconds but not tooooo long next apply your mascara, I always like to clean off my mascara brush with some tissue to get rid of excess mascara and I always find that applying mine in a 'zig zag' manner helps alot more, after one coat if you need to brush out your lashes with an eyelash comb and use one or more two coats if you can with out having scary tarantula looking eyelashes, my favorite 3 mascaras so far ( all in black or very black) are 1:maybelline volum' express turbo boost 2:covergirl volume exact (its the red bottle not the pink) and or 3: covergirl lash exact the covergirl mascara works extremely well becuase of the brush it uses. So goodluck hope this helped

Well, if you want the head turning lashes, then you should close the eye your applying it to, put the brush through it, but wiggle it a little at the end, this should give it more of a curl, and make them more noticable. I use Maybelline New york Volum' Express for thicker lashes, but for long lashes I use MAX Factor. [:

Hope this helps.

Master the art of applying faux lashes! If you choose a modest but full cut, you can wear them everyday and not look like a show girl!

The key is to choose the right fullness and texture so that they have that "are those real??" appeal. When applied right along the nautral lash line and smudging in bit of black shadow just along the lash band, it looks as if you were just naturally blessed with a set of full, dreamy bedroom lashes...the boys go crazy.

try maybelline volume express or sky high curls. apply the 1st coat, wait 4 it 2 dry and comb it out with a spare mascara brush which is empty and clean. this stops clumping and clogging. then apply the 2nd coat. if ur lashes r thick, then 1 coat is enough. if ur lashes r too thin, dust little loose powder after the 1st coat then apply the 2nd one. this will give it volume.

I asked something similar last week, and from my best answer pick I got rimmel eye opening blackest black, I couldn't be happier!!

after trying all the expensive stuff, this one is just the best! I love it!

I apply one coat, let it dry for a bit and apply a second coat, works great.

I just use the brush and wiggle a bit to the tip.

Dior's new DiorShow mascara is really, nice it curls too, but doesn't sound like you need that. I just got Clinique's High Intensity mascara, OMG it's SO NICE! It doesn't curl, but it gives you those thick black nearly-fake looking lashes, I love it, it's my favorite.

diorshow mascara is the best..just put it along the lash line and wiggle the brush for a little bit then sweep the mascara along all of your lashes

What I do iz I use Maybelline'z XXL volume which has white mascara (to volumize) on 1 side of it, and tha otha side has black. First, I use a bit of tha white mascara, then I use a mascara wand (first I dab any clumps with the long side, then I comb it all through wit da comb) and then I use the black mascara n use da mascara wand again.

use a primer, i recommend clinique's lash building primer and clinique's high impact mascara in black. i have been using them for years and even though I have tried pretty much every other mascara out there, it's my favorite.

apply: drop jaw, close eyes half way, start at base, and finish through the tips, then to make it look even longer curl it w/ revlon eyelash curler

Mascara: mabeline define-a-lash