how would you handle this?

your aunt, who visits once in a long while, comes to your house while you are out. when you arrive home, she expresses her opinions of you as a bad wife/husband to your mate based on what she see that one day. she does not know of all the things you do for your mate when she is not around.

how would you react?

what is the appropriate way of addressing this situation?

your spouse was in another room when your aunt starts expressing her views so s/he does not hear her comments to defend you or invalidate your aunt's claims.

• Sue F
    Favorite Answer

Just tell her that you are sorry that she feels that way, but she really does not know the entire situation as she was only there for one day.

Good luck.

I guess that depends if your spouse validated what your aunt said. I would be irritated, but I suppose in that situation your spouse could have said something immediately to stop her negative comments. You also didnt mention how old your aunt is. Sometimes as people get older, they become bitter and opinionated. Ultimately her opinion doesnt even matter, does it??

Thank your aunt for her comments but tell her that she is not priveleged to all that goes on in your house and she can have an opinion but it will not affect how you run your household.

Also, advise her in no uncertain terms that she should get a life and back out. That is especially true if you know that what she is saying is false. If she is correct, then admit it, and tell her that you are trying to do better.

Tell her that she walked into your house while you were out and you can easily have her prosecuted for that. I would tell her that it's my life and my husband and we live our lives the way we want to.