I'm only 33 weeks and things are starting to feel funny?!?!?

Is it normal for it to feel like the baby is in my vigina? I know my water hasnt broken and I have been haveing Braxton-Hicks contractions. I just dont want this baby to come early. My Dr told me that he is a really big boy and that I amy go early. He will not induce me unless there is a real good reason and the baby being big is not a good reason. I just dont remember felling like this with my first. Am I going a littl crazy or is all of this normal?

Favorite Answer

You're doing great and everything is as it should be. What you are feeling is the baby getting into position. Several weeks before labor the baby will start to descend, or move further down into the birth canal. This is just one more step in a progression of events that happen before the actual labor - the real thing - starts.

At this point you need to get more rest and stay off of your feet as much as you can. I know with your size it's very hard to find a comfortable position, but it is very important. Relax, take long baths, read.....anything that you enjoy doing. You're doing a great job, just a little longer to go before you meet that special little person!

Don't worry the baby will come when it is ready. they were wrong on all my due dates. things will be fine. just remember if you see any blood or pink discharge call the DR. Inducing is painful the labor is much harder. You are just being normal mother.

• Rene

Yes, he's probably just settled into place. Doesn't mean he's going to come early. Both of my other children were in place by around 30 weeks and neither came until 39-40 weeks.

Once the baby engages, it feels like that. It doesn't necessarily mean that labor will start anytime soon, though. I felt like I was carrying mine between my knees for the last 2 months. Get off your feet and relax. It will feel a little better and you deserve the rest. Congratualtions and good luck!

Source(s): mom of 4

well, just remember .. 34 weeks is the golden number! if you start to go into labor at 34 weeks, they will not try and stop labor. they say there is no difference between a 34 week baby and a 38 week baby .. only size! :)

you are almost there!!

congratulations!!! good luck! God bless!

Source(s): 38 weeks pregnant with our first :)

well water comes first thats what seperates him from the outside world 33 weeks is way to early though... big or not i wouldnt worry he may just be head down now

i feel you discomfort. im 24 weeks and its my 2nd also and i feel him (im also having a boy) way low not in my vagina yet but it feels like he is using my bladder as a trampoline. I would tell your doctor you almost at 36 weeks. or it may be the way you sit or lay down but if it constant i would call the dr.

I'm 34 weeks and sometimes I feel like I feel her in my vagina as well. My doc told me that it's completely normal and that it has to do with hormones and also with it being my second as well, things are not as "held tight" in there