14 yr old, really big thighs?

i weigh 103lbs, flat tummy, abs, and the thing that has lately started bothering me is the size of my thighs. does any one know how i can loose some of the fat in that area?

Favorite Answer

I've been noticing thick thighs on me too. I've been playing soccer since I was 4 so I'm not sure if it's muscle or fat. But When school was in session I rode my bike to and from every day and I noticed that I dropped a few inches there. Love to hang out with your friend down the street? Don't ask for a ride, jog down there. Get involved in sports that require lots of running like soccer, basketball, or tennis. GET ACTIVE!!! And if you can, try getting out early in the morning and go jogging maybe a mile and a half. Little things like walking the dog can add up to dropping 5 pounds. My sister is 9 yrs old and every night she'll take our mother's fitness stuff and start running in place and jumping rope with a arm stretcher. SHE LOST FIVE POUNDS FROM JUST THAT!!!!

Personally, I think you should be happy with the way you are, we all ENVY YOUR FLAT ABS!! Don't let anyone put you down just because you're not aneorexic! Make sure you're getting enough vitamins and getting plenty of calcium, kay? Most girls around our age are thinking they need to lose weight, it's a stage we ALL go through once in our lives and you've hit your now. I'm 13 and I'm 119, YOU'RE SO LUCKY!!! Just be happy in your own skin and NEVER EVER!!think that you're not good enough.

Well, I wish you luck sister!

At 14 years old, the last thing you should be worrying about is your thighs. You're still growing and your body is going to change over the next 5 to 7 years even more than it already has so just give it time - it's highly possible that your upper body will catch up and give you a nice hour-glass figure. The only thing you should be concerned about right now, is making sure you eat healthy, well-balanced meals, get plenty of rest, and drink plenty of water. You can also participate in aerobics a few times a week to get yourself in practice for leading a healthy lifestyle down the road. Stay away from junk food if you can, but do not deprive yourself otherwise you'll just crash and go on a binge. You need to set yourself up for success later in life by starting now.

As women, especially teenage girls, all we see are stick-thin models and advertising that makes us think we should look that way. Screw that! All of those magazine pictures are airbrushed and those girls NEVER eat. Is that what you really want?? The best advice I can give you, is to talk to your mom or an older woman that you trust. Tell them your thoughts - in a mature way, not whining, and ask for advice on how to start good habits for a healthy life.

I'm more concerned with reality versus your reality. Many people with the beginning signs of eating disorders start sounding like you. Get someone you really trust to give you an honest answer as to your "really big thighs." If that person says anything other than "your are right" or something along those lines start looking elsewhere for help. If indeed you want to lose weight in that area, low grade aerobics (like deliberate walking or about 70 % of your max) for over 45 minutes (up to one hour) 3 days per week. Eat every three hours small portions and watch what you eat. Good Luck.

Running

In the Pilates workout, there is a separate series called the sidekick series. Doing that series of exercises everyday for 1 week and you'll notice you'relosing those extra inches. Watch your diet, also. No trans fats or hydrogenated oils or palm oils. Those go straight to your thighs. In a month, your thighs will be lean!

Source(s): I do pilates!

Walking, riding a bicycle, jogging and doing some cardio, preferrably on a treadmill if you have access to one. Another good way is to swim laps... or just to be active in a pool. Not sure if thats an option for you but both have worked wonders for my thighs!

If you want to focus on just your thighs, do not lift any weights in that area. You will gain muscle in ur legs and make them even bigger, instead run and eat healthy stay away from fatty foods, watch ur nutrition labels in everything you eat-make sure it's very little fat and watch your calories as well.

Source(s): Physical therapist

it looks hot to be curvy !!!! DONT WORRY curvy is in now. BUT i dont understand how u can weigh 103 lbs and call urself fat? i actually think u should GAIN weight. LIke 103 lbs is to skininy, dont ya think?? ur thighs cant be that big lol its just in ur head!! im the same age as u and most gurls in my class weigh like 120 lbs and that is a healthy body weight for a 14 yr old. U DONT NEED TO LOOSE WEIGHT!!! u cant be flat everywhere dont ya wanna look like a women? Not a boy. u need a lil booty in u lol or ull look like a boy!!

Source(s): IM 14.

you might have a genetic predisposition to heavy thighs. there are some exercises (like scissors) that will help tone the inside. the outside can be toned through kick boxing or yoga or even just getting on the treadmill 20 min. a day.

Source(s): me, i've used kick boxing when my thighs used to be big

i have the same problem. i found a great solution though. My mother told me to try Pilates. It helps to tome (tighten Up) thighs but stomach etc..... and it really works. I use a tape from Winsor Pilates. A lot of stars who have to stay fit for movies take Winsor Pilates. BTW- Since Jessica Simpson is doing a new movie she wants to start taking pilates from Winsor. For your thighs you could just get the butt and thighs workout. Hope i helped.

The link below is about winsor pilates:

http://www.winsorpilates.com/index.php?acnt=GHW000...