my xbox 360 has 3 red bars around the power button and it freezes, what is the problem and how do i fix it!?!?

my little bro's xbox 360 has 3 red bars around the power button and it freezes, what is the problem and how do i fix it!?!? all of my games freeze and the dashboard freezes also. if this matters, i dont have xbox live

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

If your 360 is out of warranty, try the "Towel Trick":

http://thexboxdomain.net/2007/01/15/the-towel-tric...

• 4 years ago

Oh, dude. it is fairly like the widest everyday errors for an X360. you basically have been given the three crimson dots of loss of existence. this means that your xbox has an inner virus, and it rather is an exceedingly trouble-free component to take place in an Xbox 360. you will could deliver it everywhere you acquire it or to microsoft or some thing and get a sparkling refurbished one. God, yet another broken Xbox 360?

• 1 decade ago

Three Red Lights.

System Hardware Failure.

Check the power supply and make sure it's GREEN when on.

plug DIRECTLY into the wall.

REMOVE any intercoolers you may have,

these do not apply to you, then yea... you will have to pay 139.90USD if you're Out of Warranty and they ship out a box to you. Something internal needs to get fixed, which you cannot go inside and do because it will void it.

Freezing (with no error msg) is just the first stage of 3 red lights.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Im sorry but your xbox is overheated and it is broken YOU cant fix it if you have a warranty send it to microsoft But your warranty is void if ypu used anything for your xbox that is not approved by microsoft call them to see if the product is approved

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

You got the ring of death man. Sorry.

call them up (you can get the number from xBox.com) and they should replace it for you, unless it's way past it's warranty.

Never hurts to call though, maybe they'll be able to fix it for you.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It means you're ******. Your 360 is broken and you aren't fixing it until you send it in for repairs or exchange or whatever.

• 1 decade ago

So u can send it to microsoft and pay them $150 to fix it or you can use this guys method on this site, my boyfriends broke too, last night actually, and were going to try to repair it this way...... good luck.

http://www.eurasia.nu/wiki/index.php?pagename=Xbox...

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

YOU CAN TRY CALLING GAME STOP MAYBE THEY WILL REFFER YOU TO SOME ONE THAT FIXES THEM THEY GAVE ME A LOCAL MAN THAT FIXES THEM HERE IN SAN ANTONIO .TEXAS.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.