Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingTrying to Conceive · 1 decade ago

y does clomid and similar fertility drugs can cause cysts to form?

and y is it good if u have POCS??

• Malina
    Favorite Answer

All eggs grow inside your uterus inside "follicles". Follicles are cysts, but they are functional, meaning they have a purpose. After you ovulate, the follicle pops, releasing the egg and the fluid inside the follicle. Afterwards, the follicle forms into a luteal cyst, which is also functional. It produces progesterone to help support a growing pregnancy. if you take clomid or gonadotropins during your cycle, it can cause the luteal cysts to fill with fluid excessively. On clomid, there is usually only one or two (one in each ovary) of these cysts, but if they over-fill, they can be extremely painful and can cause bloating and cramping. On gonadotropins, you may experience what is called ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS). this is because gonadotropins cause more of your developing follicles (you can grow as many as 25 or more in an ovary per cycle) to over-fill with fluid. it can be very painful, cause weight gain, and you will need medical asisstance to overcome OHSS.

If you have PCOS, you may not develop mature follicles (they are considered mature depending on size) or you may produce few follicles. If you are trying to conceive and have had no success on your own, it may be a good idea to talk to a fertility specialist about seeing if these medications can help you.

Source(s): The wonderful doctors and nurses at FPNC

Clomid Cysts

1

Source(s): Cure Ovarian Cysts http://teres.info/OvarianCystMiracle

It's good if you have PCOS because you likely don't ovulate with PCOS or produce immature eggs when you do ovulate which if fertilized won't developer properly and cause you to miscarry. I had 3. Clomid and drugs like should be given in the lowest dose possible at first and you should be watched closely. Also women with PCOS have cysts anyway the clomid stimulates them along with your eggs which are seen as a form of a cyst. I had weekly ultrasounds when I took Clomid I have pcos and found clomid a quick and effective solution after almost 2 years of TTC it worked the 1st time I used it I'm 18 weeks preg with a boy. Clomid and similar drugs are the 1st line of treating infertility because other treatments are way more invasive (daily injectables, IVF ect.) also Clomid should not be take for more than 6 cycles straight and that's the manufactures warning.

clomid similar fertility drugs cysts form

They are high doses of female hormones. Your body isn't used to getting them in such high doses so that's how it reacts - by overstimulating. You just have to be careful and be monitored by a doctor via ultrasound. That's the only way to check how your ovaries are doing.

I got a LARGE cyst of a clomid cycle - the size of an orange. It was painful. But, not near as painful as my over stimulated ovaries on Gonal-F (an injectible hormone). They didn't form cysts but I made about 20 large eggs. I couldn't move!

I have PCOS and conceived after a year of fertility treatment. That inlcuded time to see if a miscarriage would take care of itself or not. And, I had to eventually have a D&C. I also allowed myself to do it at my own pace. Because of that it took me a little longer. But, four AIs.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

and y is it good if u have POCS??

Source(s): clomid similar fertility drugs cysts form: https://tr.im/UdLaf
  • ?

Get Ovarian Cyst Miracle!

What is clomiphene?

Clomiphene is a nonsteroidal fertility medicine. It causes the pituitary gland to release hormones needed to stimulate ovulation (the release of an egg from the ovary).

Clomiphene is used to cause ovulation in women with certain medical conditions (such as polycystic ovary syndrome) that prevent naturally occurring ovulation.

Clomiphene may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.

Purchase Clomid --> http://clomid2.out2.pw/u2yeu

• Randy

2

Source(s): Fertility Treatments http://netint.info/GetPregnantNaturally/?74e7