Anyone have any input on a medieval themed wedding?

Need ideas for decorations, favors, and flowers. The main ideas are castles and dragons. Any suggestions will help!

Favorite Answer

Hi!

What a neat idea for a wedding!!! You can do so much with this. I would start with colors first, since it's medieval times, lots of rich noble like colors, deep reds or purples and soft golds like chiffon and lace would be beautiful (like an overlay on the table cloth). I think that vibrant wild flowers would go well, or if you're trying to save a little money, candles are very romantic and can make really nice centerpieces if you wanted to use candelabras. You could even create you and your future husbands family shield together, to go with the whole dragon thing, you could put the shield on invitations, favors and the cake to tie the whole thing together. You could make it a very classy affair, but I wouldn't go to overboard if you want it to stay classy.

http://www.medieval-weddings.net/

Good luck.

• Dash

That's so cool!!! My only suggestion is a broad one. Don't let it be too dark. Medieval stuff is great but it's not the most pretty or bright theme. So incorporate pretty flower-y items with the medieval items like dragons and swords.

In the Houston area we have a Renaissance Festival every Oct - Nov. They have lovely weddings that range from simply to flamboyant with the medieval feast and all. Perhaps there is something like that in your area that can give you ideas.

I would ask that those that can, please dress in period clothing. Most pattern books at your local cloth store have costume patterns year round. And... there is always Ebay!

Sounds like a lovely autumn wedding idea!

I don't really have any ideas, but I think that that would be a beautiful wedding if everything went good.

maybe long flowing dress, long sleeves

silver silk tie for the men ...instead of a "suit of armor"

hibicus flowers

have someone spraypaint a grey brick wall

Try going to the website I have listed below, they maybe able to help give you some ideas.

Source(s): gothicweddings.org
  • LodiTX

Just run if his boss suggests "droit de signeur".