Jasmine asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

How can I lose 10 pounds by August?? Please read inside!?

I am 5.8" 135 pounds. I l know for thinner people it is harder to lose weight. So what should I do to lose 10 pounds? How long could I ride a bike a day to lose 10 pounds?

Favorite Answer

Run 20 hours a day with ankle weights.

Why would you want to lose 10 pounds, you should just work out and get toned and hot. you should like you are the the perfect size for a girl thats 5' 8".

A friend of mine Lindsay Frimodt is a model that has worked for Victoria's Secret and has starred in a Justin Timberlake video, shes from Sacramento, CA and has been told that at 5'9" she needs to be between 140-145. She is naturally hella skinny, but had to look healthy so she gained five pounds and got toned, looked hella good when she wasnt skeleton'esqe

You don't sound very overweight to me (based on your height and weight), but here are some things I have done that have worked pretty well for me.

Get a calorie-counter. You can do a web search for calorie counting programs to find free ones. Then calculate how many calories you need per day to get to your goal weight and stay as close to that limit as you can. For me, seeing how many calories I was eating per day was really educational. That super value combo I got from McDonald's for lunch was my entire calorie allowance for a day. Yikes. It really made me accountable for what I was eating.

Get moving! I know it is hard to get started, believe me, I know! But once you get into a routine, you really look forward to exercising because it makes you feel great! On days I couldn't exercise, I really missed it! I do about an hour of cardio a day after work.

Be realistic, you are not going to drop all of the weight in a month. I wish someone told me that when I first started working out and eating right. I wanted to give up when the stupid scale wouldn't move. But be patient and don't give up. The weight WILL come off. You just have to give it time. And don't weigh yourself every day, you will only get frustrated. Weigh once a week.

Hope these tricks work for you. I have lost almost 5 pounds and 2 inches off my midsection in about 2 months doing this. Just don't give up and you will see results. Good luck!

I wouldnt ride a bike to lose weight. If I were you because I am doing this stuff right now. I would run 2 miles everyday and do at least 30 cranches everyday and you should have some pretty decent abs and a nice tone for that awesome summer look!

uhmmm 135 is a very good weight for your height. your bmi is probably very good-you should check that with a doctor. also if you really want to lose weight, eat healthily and in good portions and do 30 minutes riding, 30 minutes cardio, and maybe another 30 running. try different things like the taebo workouts, pilates, and yoga.

by the way, are you sure you don't have some kind of body image problem? you really shouldn't lose weight when you're already thin.

Enjoy sorts and exercising to the point of where you START to get tired and then QUIT or you will injure a muscle and have to cut back on your exercising.

Getting enough sleep will also help you to lose a little weight.

Eat breakfast like a King - lunch like a Prince and supper like a pauper. Stop eating after 7 pm if at all possible. Sip water or decaf Tea.

They say you need about 30 minutes of intense excerise a day. The big factor is you need burn more calories than you take in a day. Healthy weight loss is about 1 pound a week. It is not recommended to eat less than 1200 calories a day. Make healthy food choices. try not to eat after 7pm. You body is slowing down in the evenings..so any hi carb foods will just be sitting there getting absorbed into you body.....if you do eat after 7pm..make it a snack of low carbs but high in protein...like a protein shake or bar.

you need good sleep too...not getting enough sleep a night, screws with you metabolism...

drink plenty of water too....

Ok this really works. Eat light yogurt for breakfast, a piece of string cheese at 10am then eat soup for lunch. Eat a sensible dinner. But I want to know why would you want to lose weight. that sounds like you are already at a healthy weight. Be safe.

I don't think it would be smart to lose anymore weight. Maybe try toning your body if you are unhappy with the way you look. Lift weights in small intervals for long periods of time. You will tone without bulking up.

Ride your bike for about a half hour - to an hour a day. Limit your food intakes... and mostly eat healthy foods!

(3 times a week)

it can be really hard to lose a lot of weight and be healthy at the same time. i think that you should take it slow. so at least 250 sit ups a day. don't do them all at the same time though do them after you eat. try to swim a lot to its fun and a good exercise.

Source(s): im going through the same thing i just take it slow and eat smaller porshontions. i do at least 500 push ups a day. i do my own thing, its what works best for me and everyone can see that its working too.