Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 1 decade ago

a good book for me to read?

im 14 and i like mystery/ adventure books... i recently finished reading the lord of the rings (all books) and i loved all.... i want a book thats gonna keep me wanting to read it always..

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The Book Thief by Markus Zukas

Long, but the ending was completely worth it. Such a sad book, I cry every time I read it. Set in the times of the Holocaust

A Great & Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray

Good book, keeps you entertained. Set in the victorian age and full of magic and good and evil. One of my favorites about two kids who die, but don't make it to the light at the end of the tunnel. They're Afterlights, suck between the two worlds with a bunch of other kids. I've enjoyed all of Neal's books I've read.

A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks

A really sweet teenage love story.

Maximum Ride by James Patterson

I've really come to like these books. The characters are funny and it's really easy and fun to read.

Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson

You have to read it to really understand it. The movie was good too.

And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie

If you want to give mystery a try, this is a great book. Creepy and brilliant. Don't read about it too much, you won't want to spoil the ending. Just get it and try not to skip to the end.

Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier

I really just adore this book. One of my favorites!

Tithe by Holly Black

Faerie story, which I thought was really good. Holly is quite the dark writer.

• 1 decade ago

Try these

-Harry Potter Series

-Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series

-Series of Unfortunate Events book

-Hanging on to Max

-Chicken Soup for Soul books

- The Princess Diaries Series

- Click Here

- The Hobbit

• 1 decade ago

humm.....when i was your age a read absolutely normal chaos, but 14 is more mature now then it was.....my mom and i both read 'Trixie Belding' its like 'Nacey Drew' but better!

I have always loved John Steinbeck, try the 'illustrated man'.

You might be to young but, 'even cowgirls get the blues' is great! There is a movie with Uma Thurman but read the book first! Oh, the book 'eaters of the dead' is really good too, the 13th warrior is the movie(there is so...much more to the book)

'a ripple in time' or 'dune'

• 1 decade ago

The Dragonlance Chronicles (Dragons of Autumn Twilight, Dragons of Winter Night, & Dragons of Spring Dawning) are a great adventure story.

The Death Gate Series by Hickman and Weis is good.

Good Omens by Pratchett & Gaiman is one of my favorites.

Anything by Agatha Christie is a good mystery. Especially Ten Little Indians.

Enjoy.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I loved The Lord of the Rings too. Have you ever read The Children of Hurin by JRR Tolkien?

• 1 decade ago

Obviously any Harry Potter, The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown is really good...that's what I'm reading now.

• SALSA
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

The Left Behind Series by Jenkins & LaHaye.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

can't really top Lord of the Rings... but lets see... my brother really likes the Eragon series, Harry Potter, Sherlock Holmes....

sorry i probably wasn't much help was i? ahaha

• 1 decade ago

"The Stone and the Flute" by Hans Zimmerman

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.