Does farting contribute to global warming and degradation of the ozone layer?Is it a health harzard to others?

Iam a self-proclaimed environmentalist and anti-global warming campaigner from a village in the heart of Africa. Recently the Tribal Chief and the Village Elders in my village outlawed farting charging that besides causing air pollution, it also contributes to global warming, degradation of the ozone layer and is... show more Iam a self-proclaimed environmentalist and anti-global warming campaigner from a village in the heart of Africa. Recently the Tribal Chief and the Village Elders in my village outlawed farting charging that besides causing air pollution, it also contributes to global warming, degradation of the ozone layer and is harzardous to the health of others and the environment. I wanna know if these claims are true because many of my fellow villagers have been punished since the law was effected 28 days ago and Im campaigning for this new law to be revoked. Please help, your answers are welcome !!