Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

What is there to do in Indianapolis, Indiana?

Going for family from Florida on the 4th...

wow, thanks you guys!

Favorite Answer

OK -- my folks lived in Indianapolis before they passed away. I am very familiar with the city.

Here is what I would do on an "ideal" trip to Indy.

Firt of all, I tune the radio to Q-95 -- so I can listen to the best rock station in all of Indiana. Q-95 started the Bob and Tom Show which is now syndicated throughout the midwest.

Shopping -- at the Circle Centre Mall downtown and/or at Keystone at the Crossing on the North side of the city. Take I-65 south towards Louisville and in 25 minutes you can shop till you drop at the Edinburgh Outlet Mall -- which is huge (another one is a few more miles in Seymour).

Clubbing -- I would stroll Broad Ripple and hang out in restaurants and clubs (like the Vogue Theater). Downtown I would catch live blues at The Slippery Noodle.

Lunch -- for me the ideal lunch is to take in the one-of-a-kind atmosphere at Shapiro's Deli (two locations in Indy).

Dinner -- My first choice is the world famous St Elmo's Steakhouse (get the shrimp cocktail and hold on for dear life). I also like Schula's in the Westin Hotel. For something different there is Buca DeBepo's for Italian.

Sports -- you have any number of amatuer events going on in Indy almost all the time. You have the Pacers and the Colts -- Indy has really become a football town and the Colts are their favorite team for sure.

There is the minor league Indianapolis Indians who have one of the best minor league parks in all of baseball. This is a fun, cheap evening with beautiful views of the downtwon area.

There is the zoo, the Children's Museum, beautful parks for strolling or hiking. Take in a movie in a unique environment at the Hollywood Bar and Filmworks.

The 500 track on 16th street is cool if you like racing. The greatest spectacle in racing -- The Indianapolis 500 -- is not to be missed during the entire month os May. There are other big races -- like last weekend's Brickyard 400.

Go south of Indy and you can easily explore Bloomngton or Nashville Indiana with a day trip.

Zionsville is also a cool little community north of Indy to explore.

The Verizon Center has concerts -- NW near Fishers.

The downtown area has several interesting things to explore -- from monument circle itself, to the Indiana State Museum on Meridian Street.

At Christmas time Indianapolis is so cool. The downtown is all lit up and very pretty.

Some cities in Indiana had record high temperatures on 8/14/44, but Indianapolis was not one of them. The temperature that day was in the high 90's.

• The Indiana State Fair is coming up soon, I think. Check out some of the races!

Source(s): I have family in Indianapolis!

Listen to what Oh snap said shes right and bloomington is a day trip and its a collage town with every thing to do that you could possibly want.

If I'm not mistaken that's the capital, so there should be a ton of things to do.

there is a football team the Colts that lives there

They have concerts. Go to a concert. ROCK ON!

They have a 'Cheesecake Factory' that is pretty cool!

• Felix

nothing