Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

does running give you a six pack?

i am skinny but i want to be cut with w six pack...my friend said to be cut its more abotu what u eat rather than work out....u gotta get creatine to drink and run every day and a lil work out sit ups...is this correct does running help ur abs?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Running is a cardio and whole body workout. It's actually the most effective workout for abs, that is if your aiming for a flat tummy.

For a more chiseled look I'd reccomeend weights and sit ups or using a medcine ball when doing crunches. And push ups are great for your abs too. Just make sure you target ALL of the abs or you'll end up with a big hard belly instead of flat six pack abs.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Not on it's own, no...you'll have to add some kind of workout...stick with free weights and stay away from the machines...you're core muscles get a better workout that way...if you're already naturally thin, running alone will only make you thinner...just take a peek at marathoners...

• 1 decade ago

Running will help you lose bodyfat, which will help make your six pack more visible. However you will probably want to supplement running with some weight training to make your six pack more impressive.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

no take it from a me, i tried running, then playing football really gave some results

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.