DANGER! Sentry Pro XFC Flea & Tick DANGER!?

sentry pro XFC 5 way flea & tick caused my dogs to go "nuts!" the 800 # told me to give them "tuna" water & they would be fine. after the second dog vomited, i called the er vet. he told me to bathe them in dawn & bring them in stat! altho the maltese had come out of it, my poodle was... show more sentry pro XFC 5 way flea & tick caused my dogs to go "nuts!" the 800 # told me to give them "tuna" water & they would be fine. after the second dog vomited, i called the er vet. he told me to bathe them in dawn & bring them in stat! altho the maltese had come out of it, my poodle was wimpering, couldn't sit still, seemed like he was seisuring & his hind legs collapsed! the er vet contacted sargent-- different directions!! sargent's vet said to give him iv with fluids, a shot of methocarbamol (muscle relaxer) & diphenhydramine (benedryl). when "i" called, she said benedryl would do no good!. $228.64 later (at 4:30 a.m.), we were sent home with more muxcle relaxers, children's benedryl & told to watch him CAREFULLY! altho he wimpered & needed to be held for the next 24 hrs, he seems to be ok now (altho a little tired). BEWARE! i'm not sure what the cause was.seems the vet can only say it's because it wasn't the expensive frontline they sell- exclusively. of course any OTC is taboo(?).
2 answers 2