so I'm looking for a laptop and I have nooo idea...?

Ok thanks for checking out my question.

Basically I want to know what are the spes that I should be looking for when it comes to a laptop. I want it for pretty basic stuff, surfing the net, word processing, downloading music, and watching dvds. I'm not a serious gamer and could care less if it did back flips in mid air while formatting a file :)

Anywho I want something inexpensive (not cheap... there is a difference). They have this crazy sale at circuit city for a toshiba with a celeron processor that does all the aforementioned necessities. Was the clerk just trying to pursuade me to get something higher... or is a celeron processor just too outdated?

Any suggestions would help.

Thanks

Favorite Answer

When getting a laptop, you should make sure that it has at least 1GB of memory for all of your files. Make sure that it has all of the ports that you need. I would highly recommend that you get a high quality laptop from Toshiba. You should get a Toshiba Satellite M65-S9092.

1GB of RAM (absolute minimum if your using any vista, they say 512mbs, but your computer will be dead slow!)