so I'm looking for a laptop and I have nooo idea...?

Ok thanks for checking out my question.

Basically I want to know what are the spes that I should be looking for when it comes to a laptop. I want it for pretty basic stuff, surfing the net, word processing, downloading music, and watching dvds. I'm not a serious gamer and could care less if it did back flips in mid air while formatting a file :)

Anywho I want something inexpensive (not cheap... there is a difference). They have this crazy sale at circuit city for a toshiba with a celeron processor that does all the aforementioned necessities. Was the clerk just trying to pursuade me to get something higher... or is a celeron processor just too outdated?

Any suggestions would help.

Thanks

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

When getting a laptop, you should make sure that it has at least 1GB of memory for all of your files. Make sure that it has all of the ports that you need. I would highly recommend that you get a high quality laptop from Toshiba. You should get a Toshiba Satellite M65-S9092.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

1GB of RAM (absolute minimum if your using any vista, they say 512mbs, but your computer will be dead slow!)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.