constant shaking!?

Alright, I am so totally weird. I have this thing where i start shaking, like my hands just tremble and I can't stop them, then it feels like my nerves in my body is going haywire. I usually shake all the time, sometimes not severely but other times it's just crazy. Ppl are always like "whats wrong with you?!" and there's nothing wrong with me I just can't stop shaking. Does anyone know what this could be?

Favorite Answer

There is one movement disorder that you might wonna look at. It's called Essential Tremors (ET).

It runs in a family, so if you have someone esle who shakes too this could be a good clue.

Although essential tremor can affect almost any part of your body, trembling occurs most often in your hands, especially when you try to do simple tasks such as drinking a glass of water, tying your shoelaces, writing or shaving. Sometimes, you may also have trembling of your head, voice or arms.

Essential tremor is the most common of the many movement disorders.

Essential tremor often begins gradually. Sometimes it appears during adolescence. More often, though, tremors begin in mid- to late life.

The most common sign is a trembling, up-and-down movement of your hands, although your arms, legs, head and even your tongue and voice box (larynx) also may be affected. Most people have tremors in both hands. Some people have tremors in only one hand, though the tremors often progress to include both hands.

Tremors usually occur only when you engage in a voluntary movement, such as drinking a glass of water, writing or threading a needle. Actions requiring fine-motor skills — using utensils or small tools, for example — may be especially difficult. Fatigue, anxiety and temperature extremes make the signs worse, but tremors usually disappear when you're asleep or at rest.

Some people have relatively mild tremors throughout their lives, while others develop more severe tremors and increased disability over time. Effects of worsening tremors may include:

Difficulty holding a cup or glass without spilling

Difficulty eating normally

Difficulty putting on makeup or shaving

Difficulty talking, if your voice box or tongue is affected

Difficulty writing — handwriting may become increasingly large, shaky and illegible

The inability to perform actions requiring fine-motor skills, such as playing an instrument or drawing

About half of all cases of essential tremor appear to occur because of a genetic mutation. This is referred to as benign familial tremor. Genes are information centers in your cells that control your body's growth, development and function. A mutation in just one gene can greatly alter the way your body works. Researchers have identified two genes that appear to be involved in essential tremor. It's possible that mutations in other genes may also lead to the condition.

Exactly what causes essential tremor in people without a known genetic mutation isn't clear. Doctors do know that the problem occurs in the brain circuits that control your movements. Studies using an imaging technique called positron emission tomography (PET) scanning show that certain parts of the brain — including the thalamus — have increased activity in people with essential tremor. More research is needed to understand the precise mechanism behind the disease

You'll receive a diagnosis of essential tremor only after your doctor has ruled out other possible causes for your symptoms. For that reason, you may undergo blood, urine and neurological tests to check for problems such as thyroid disease, heavy metal poisoning, drug side effects and Parkinson's disease.

In addition, your doctor will take a complete medical history and perform a thorough physical and neurological exam that may include checking your tendon reflexes, your muscle strength and tone, your ability to feel certain sensations, and your posture and coordination.

The tremor itself may be evaluated in several ways, including performance tests in which you're asked to write, drink from a glass or hold a piece of paper.

Hope this helps....see if you find yourself in it....

If you need someone to talk to feel free to write me an email:

girl_lina06@yahoo.com

• nimo22

I'm not sure how old you are. It sounds as if you could have some sort of neurological disorder, or even a psychological disorder such as anxiety attacks. I really don't know enough about you or this, but you really should get evaluated by your Dr. What you have might be something that could get worse if you don't get it treated. Most likely it's not that severe, but it's always better to be safe than sorry. Try to keep track of when it is happening, is it a certain time of day, only during certain situations, after eating certain foods? Start writing it down each time this happens so you and your Doctor can look for clues as to why it might be happening. Good Luck.

How long have you had her, and did you train her on the agility or was she already trained to do it? Well it seems your dog is not actually frightened of you, its very attached to you and alot of small breeds shake with anticipation rather than fear, she probably missed you loads. So I think you shouldn't make a fuss when she shakes try to act like its not happening, as if you make a fuss your reinforcing the behaviour, if she likes agility and its something you do together play some agility games in the house with her and reward her. I think saying you should be nicer to her is not a very helpful reply and people don't understand how upset you are about it, so hun try and relax as she will be picking up your anxiety as rat terriers I believe are very clever little dogs, good luck an don't ever think your treating her badly ok x

Neurological problem?

YOu need to see a neurologist soon. I imagine it is a problem with anything from a pinched nerve to poor circulation...

I wish you well!

• Topez

Parkinson. Drinking too much alcohol. Nerves.

you are best to go to your doctor,doesnt sound right to me,.