Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

Don't you love it how on an online form "United States" is always at the top of the alphabetical lists?

You know, where you select your country to register for something?

Its great to be an American. =]

♥ Clare.

Favorite Answer

yes it is. isnt it

Source(s): cowboy

Right...

Have you ever considered the thought that maybe, just maybe, in other countries, the top websites where you would need to select a country would be THAT country?

Maybe the sites where you go do usually have it like that. That would be for convenience's sake.

Guess what? Those sites are one step ahead of you by figuring out that you, an American, will likely be visiting.

Oh. I'm not sure if you know this or not, but English isn't the only language used on the internet. Not only that, but non-alphabet languages also use the internet.

Just think of how complex it would be to use hundreds of characters instead of the limited 26 of English?

Can your computer display these words properly?:

お前馬鹿だよね。

Sometimes the default is the U.S., but it's usually at the bottom. I hope they would just go with "America" so we could be at the top.

Can't wait to see how many thumbs-downs i get, but sometimes it's not so great to be an American. The rest of the world hates us because of Bush & Friends. e

The majority of the people signing up are probably from the US..just a guess. So it's easier that way.

• Nora G

well we r in america so that is how it should b, not press 1 for english. that should b in any other country, not ours.

I just figured it was only like that for us Americans.

I agree. USA is the best. Lucky to be a citizen.

I don't think we're any better than any other country. I think we should be put under the letter "U".

ya we're the top of the list

hahah

lol. yeah. Because most commonly people are from the USA. like me!

I've noticed that too! <3