I'm a beginner at skateboarding should i buy?

flip board

tensor trucks

spitfire wheels

abec 7 bearings

Favorite Answer

Yes, all these things are plenty fine, except, the trucks. I prefer you get Krux trucks instead. They are very light. If you're going to do vert (half pipes & stuff) then you might try independents, but they are very heavy and harder to get used to. Almost any board is fine except boards not from skate shops. Try to stay away from World Industries. Flips are fine. Just be sure you get a width you're comfortable with on you're board. You may want to start out with a wider board (7.8+) and slim it down as time goes on. Spitfires and Ricta wheels are good. One thing though, is that companies that make decks don't usually make as good of wheels as companies who only make wheels, but pretty much any wheel is fine. Bearings made by board companies aren't as good either, so stay with lucky abec 5's or higher, or try bones reds. For griptape, get mob or black magic. I hope that helps.

I say,

either an Element board or Alienworkshop.

I am in love w/ Toymachine, but alot of people say they suxorz and break easily. I never have that problem, because i only weigh about 115 right now, and when i skated..i was well well under 100 lbs. But I would go with Element or AWS, those are 2 brands that i LOVED skating..awesome awesome boards...Independent Trucks, Spitfire wheels and Abec 7/Black Panthers. Get Doh Doh Bushings for ur trucks, and some lucky risers so u dont have the trucks resting directly on the board, and the risers will take some impact which will make ur board last longer.

Source(s): Used to skateboard. Hope I can get back into it someday.
  • I would get...

Mystery or a Blank Deck

Grind Kings or Thunder Trucks

Ricta Wheels

REDZ bearings (ABEC 5)

You don't want to get super fast bearing if you are a beginner because you will go to fast and fall.

Spitfire wheels are overrated, people say they are the best but the people who say that are people who don't know

You want to get Ricta wheels because they are the best wheels. Get REDZ bearings because they are cheap ($16.95) and good. Mystery decks are good but if you are a beginner and want to save some money just buy a blank deck at zumiez of a skate shop for about $30 insteat of $57 for a mystery. blank decks are basicly just as good as name brand decks.

If your a beginner play on and break alot of target 20 dollar boards to make sure ur still really into it. I got a 120 custom birdhouse totally decked out as my first nice board

alright i don't know how much money you have, but assuming you have some, you might want to get a "pro" board instead of this one. they are much easier to learn tricks on, last a lot longer, and look alot nicer. a good place to get one cheap, if your willing to order is ebay.

my setup is a zero deck, tensor or thunder trucks, wheels dont matter, i use 52's and some bones swiss's, if thats a little much then just use whatever and figure out if you like it,, if u ask someone what you should buy theyll give you what they like to ride, try to figure out what you like.