how do i fix scratched ps2 games????

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

If the disc is just scratched, but still functional then you should just leave it and take better care of it so there won't be future scratches. Disc cleaning products just cover up the scratches and the disc will LOOK better, but really the scratch is just covered. You can go and waste money just for the disc to look better if you desire.

If the disc is scratched to the point where it can't be read by you PS2 then you should just buy another one. Try not to buy completely new one. I recommend you buy a cheap used one to replace the one that is all scratched up. No point in buying a new one unless you lost the case/instructions or you just want a new one. Again, don't waste your money on disc cleaning products such as Game Doctor because they just fill in the scratches and it will just LOOK new, but the data on disc that is lost will not be replaced.

There might be a disc cleaner that actually fixes your discs, but that particular disc cleaner is unknown to me.

• 1 decade ago

great tip car wax take some and rub it on let it sit for about 20 minites then whipe it off it fills in scratches n microscratches

it should work

Source(s): expierence
  • Niko?
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Simply use scratch remover. If you can't obtain any, try rubbing alcohol. That normally works for me.

• 1 decade ago

if you go to your local walmart or target, or other local store, they should carry a liquid spray that helps clear off scratches and removes them.... i am sorry, i cant remember the exact name, but if you describe it to them, any one would lead you to that isle.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

place peanut butter on it then thouroughly wash it with water IT WORKS!!!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.