Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesOther - United States · 1 decade ago

Charlotte, North Carolina?

Tell me about it........

Looking to relocate from Los Angeles, CA.....need a slower pace town with some good ole fashioned values are still intact. Does North Carolina meet these requirements?

Serious Only!!!

Favorite Answer

North Carolina has a slower pace of life than L.A. If you are used to the big city life, Charlotte would be an easier adjustment for you than if you moved to a small town. I'm sure though, from your perspective, you would hardly call Charlotte a big city. Either way, housing is more affordable here, and you have beaches to the east, and beautiful mountains to the west.

And yes, the values here can still be old fashioned. For example, many of my mother-in-law's neighbors still believe it is taboo to mow your yard on Sunday. I'm not kidding, either. There's no plain facts I can tell you that you can't find elsewhere on the Internet, but I'll say that I moved around a lot growing up, moved to NC 14 years ago, and I really like it here. Hope this helps.

• yes, it will be a lot slower

I went to Duck, NC for vacation, the people there

were super friendly , the pace is a lot slower &

we had a great time .

hope this is of some help & good luck on your move