Does anyone have a great meatloaf receipe?

I can't get a meatloaf to come out. I have tried several receipes

12 Answers

Relevance
  • LS
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes this is my husbands favorite meal.

One pound ground hamburger

3/4 cup instant oatmeal

2 Tbsp. Dried Minced Onions

3 Tbsp. Steak Sauce

2 Tbsp. Ketchup

8 ounce can Tomato Sauce

One egg

1/8 tsp. Tabasco sauce

Stir ingredients together before adding the meat and once you have added the meat spread it into a loaf pan and bake uncovered at 325 degrees for one hour and 10 minutes.

Source(s): Serves about 5 or 6 depending on how much you serve to each person.
    • Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Long Time Family Meatloaf Recipe

1 lb. ground beef

1 egg

1 pkg. crackers, crushed or 1 c. bread crumbs, plain or flavored

1 med. onion, chopped

1 med. green pepper, chopped

1/2 c. chopped celery

1 med. apple or pear, chopped

1 tsp. pepper, black or red

1 tsp. low sodium salt

Ketchup or barbecue sauce

Your favorite cheese

3 slices bacon (optional)

Place all of the ingredients in a large bowl, except for the bacon. Now, here comes to fun part. Pretend you're a little kid again and squish everything together. It fells real gooey between your fingers. After you have had enough fun place half the mixture in a small rectangular baking dish. Place the slices of cheese on to the mixture and then place the rest of the mixture on top of the cheese.

If you choose you can place the bacon on top of the meatloaf. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place the mixture in the oven and bake for about 1 hour.

Remove from oven and allow to cool for a couple of minutes.

• 1 decade ago

Meatloaf with Ale Gravy

Servings: 4

Level of difficulty: Easy

Preparation Time: 20 minutes

Cooking Time: 1 hour

Ingredients

300g soft white bread, roughly cubed

1 egg

150ml Milk

1 tbsp Dijon mustard

salt and pepper

pinch dried thyme

pinch grated nutmeg

pinch dried basil

handful Parsley, finely chopped

1 onion, finely chopped

100g Celery, finely chopped

200g bacon lardons, cooked

700g minced beef

200g minced pork

For the sauce

2 Onions, roughly chopped

1 green chilli, sliced

3 tbsp tomato puree

100ml tomato ketchup

330ml dark ale

150ml beef stock

dash of Worcestershire sauce

dash of a little gravy browning

For the potatoes

450g Potatoes, boiled, mashed

75g Butter

salt and pepper

100g mature Cheddar cheese, grated

Method

1. For the meatloaf, preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4. Combine the egg and milk together with a fork, and pour over the bread cubes. Leave to stand for 15 minutes, before mashing.

2. Add the mustard, seasoning, herbs, onion, celery and bacon; mix well. Add the meat and chill overnight.

3. Turn the mixture into a 20x13cm loaf tin, and bake for about an hour. Remove the meatloaf from the oven and leave to stand for 5 minutes before slicing.

4. For the sauce, fry the onion and chilli over a gentle heat until soft. Add the tomato puree and cook for 2-3 minutes.

5. Stir in all the other ingredients, and simmer for 20 minutes, or until the sauce is well reduced. Blend with an electric stick blender until smooth.

6. Put the mashed potatoes back in a saucepan and, on a low heat, beat in the butter and fold in the cheese.

7. Serve the sliced meatloaf with the ale gravy, and accompany with mashed potato.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Really Good Meatloaf

2 lbs ground beef

1/2 lb ground pork

1 onion, minced

1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic (or use 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder)

1/2 cup chili sauce or ketchup (or use 1/4 cup of each!)

1/2 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs (more if needed)

1/4 cup milk

2 eggs, slightly beaten

3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce

1-2 teaspoon dried oregano

2 teaspoons dried basil

2 teaspoons seasoning salt (can use white salt)

Black pepper

Topping:

1/2-3/4 cup ketchup

Brown sugar (start with 2 tablespoons and add in more to taste)

Set oven to 350 degrees.

Prepare a 9 x 5-inch baking pan and a baking sheet covered with foil to place underneath to catch any drippings.

Using clean hands mix together all meat loaf ingredients until well combined in a large bowl (adding in a little more breadcrumbs if needed).

Pack the mixture into prepared pan.

Place the pan on a foil-lined baking sheet to catch any spills.

Bake for about 1 hour.

Mix together ketchup with enough brown sugar to taste (start with 2 tablespoons adding in as much brown sugar as you desire to reach desired sweetness).

After the 1 hour of baking, remove the meat loaf (at this point you can carefully drain off some of the fat if desired) and spread the ketchup/brown sugar mixture over the top.

Place back in the oven and bake for another 15-20 minutes, or until the meat loaf is pulling away from the sides of the pan.

//////////////////////////////

Another Really Good Meatloaf

1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef

1/2 cup crushed buttery round crackers

3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese

1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix

2 eggs, beaten

1/4 cup ketchup

2 tablespoons steak sauce

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

Stir the ground beef, crushed crackers, Cheddar cheese, and onion soup mix in a large bowl until well combined. Whisk the eggs, ketchup, and steak sauce in a separate bowl until smooth. Mix the eggs into the meat until evenly combined, if the mixture seems too dry, add a little water. Press into a 9x5 inch loaf pan.

Bake in preheated oven until the meatloaf reaches 160 degrees F (71 degrees C) and is no longer pink in the center, 45 to 60 minutes.

Enjoy! ~-~

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yes. Take and make any meatloaf recipe and prepare as directed. Upon completion of the meatloaf, allow it to cool and then dump it in the backyard for the dog. Go to the store and buy a T-bone steak and cook it on the grill. You can pretend you are eating meatloaf if you like.

• 1 decade ago

I make my meatloaf with groung beef, onions, garlic, and green peppers. I chop a little bit of onion, green pepper, and garlic and mix it in the ground beef. I put it in a glass pan and put a thin layer of ketchup on top then stick it in the oven till thoroughly cooked. Great to eat with corn and/or mashed potatoes.

• 1 decade ago

1/2 lb ground beef

1/2 lb sausage (your discretion on taste i use Italian)

3 cloves garlic

1/2 tsp salt

1/2 tsp pepper

4 TBS Worcestershire sauce

1/4 cup sweet BBQ sauce

2 eggs

1/2 cup breadcrumbs (i use panko)

4 strips bacon cut in half

preheat oven to 350

lightly oil sheet pan

mix all products (except bacon) in bowl until well mixed

place in bread pan to shape

drop out to sheet pan

cook in oven for 40-45 min.

check temperature should be 180

• 1 decade ago

I never have leftover meatloaf and it was taught to me by my grandma...this makes a med meatloaf if you need it bigger just double everything.....take a piece of whole wheat bread put it in a bowl, pour 1/4 cup milk on it and crack a egg and add it to the bread mix, moosh it all up and mix it up make sure the bread is well soaked and in little pieces...add your spices, (remember to watch the salt, because of the catsup and other things added it will be more salter when it cooks) to mine I add, spike(you can get it at health food stores it is a wonderful healthy spice that goes well with anything) if you cant find it you can get it at vitaglo.com) fresh or powder garlic, any kind of spices you like, I dont like pepper or salt, spike does me well...if you dont want to mess with alot of spices just add a dry onion soup mix to it and delete the onions...it all works... use the spices you like, add 1/2 cup of catsup (1/4 cup of salsa mild if you want.) 1/4 cup chopped onion 1/2 cup chopped carrots(optional) to mix and mix up all the ingredients, add 1lb of ground burger and mix in very well, put in baking pan and smear on top a good layer of catsup about 1/4 in deep and if you would like a couple of bacon strips raw...put in at 350 for 35-45 min and you will have a hit on your hands, I never have to put it away..hope it helps

• 1 decade ago

I do a standard recipe which is hamburger onions ketchup salt pepper, tear up a few slices of bread, crush up some crackers, 2 eggs a dash of milk make a loaf and pour some ketchup on top and there you go. then with that same combo you can add taco seasoning and chunk-ed cheddar cheese.or you can do one with you loaf recipe and add Swiss cheese and on top of that one I put a can of beef gravy then just play around and make up one of your own....

Source(s): me
  • 1 decade ago

ok girl 21/2 lbs of hamberger onoins bell pepper fresh garlic and 1 cup oatmeal 2 eggs ketchup mix them all together i form little minnie loaves pour ketchup on top then bake at 350 sometimes i use cheese nip crackers its real tasty you will love it oh yea dont forget to salt it when mixing every thing to gether ok we all know food tast better when seseaned during cook time

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.