Whats a good(and cheap) laptop to buy with lots of memory and stuff for games and photos?

I need a laptop for college. I also have a LOT of photos, documents & games(Sims 2). I'm always on the internet when i'm at home, but I don't know what's a good(and hopefully cheap-ish) laptop to buy? Any suggestions?

• Dr W
    Favorite Answer

look here

http://www.microcenter.com/search_results_e.phtml?...

I have an acer and it's great...

I would suggest the 5100 series or above. can't beat $650

by the way, I've owned a variety of dell, compaq, HP, toshiba, and acer laptops. Probably 20 over the past 10 years. The only brand I can say was worth the money was acer. The rest were too expensive and the quality was equivalent or worse and the service was terrible. The only time I contacted acer was to get a copy of the original image disk for the computer. They responded immediately.

And I do not recommend buying a PC on ebay. The pc's on ebay are generally either sold by "stores" at the same or higher price than say microcenter or they are people getting rid of older equipment. in this market, pc's change daily and the price drops so fast you will probably get a laptop with less functions for about the same price as a new laptop with more options.

• ?

Never go for Acer they are cheap but they have many problems with them for a starts the screen oftern breaks and needs to be returned this has happend to me and my mate plus the hardware/graphics card fries my sister has just sent back an acer beacuse of that!

-Try Hp they do a good range of laptops this is the one i'm getting

-Dell tend to rip you off they give you a good laptop (somethimes) but at double the price you can get them alot cheaper!

-Toshiba seem to be quite good laptops as well

good luck! ps: don't accept less than 60gb if you need the space for all those folders

Source(s): experince
  • Snoopy

You aren't going to find a "good" machine that is also "cheap". Sorry. You have to pick your priorities. If you want to be able to handle games, you need to buy a laptop with a lot of RAM and a good video card. If you just want basic word processing functions, you can buy cheap.

• Jenny

You can go to ebay and get a used or refurbished for cheaper.

And Mac's are not cheap, not if you want a good amount of memory. There are cheaper ones but they only have like 128-256mb Ram and 10 gb harddrive. Mac's are great, but best for artsy stuff. I'd love one.

Ram--interior of reach reminiscence. once you launch courses or look into issues on the information superhighway, this information is saved on your RAM so as that it relatively is rather retrieved. The greater RAM you have (blended with the fee of your processor) the quicker your laptop will run. you as a rule desire to look for a minimum of a million GB minimum for XP and a couple of GB minimum for Vista. you desire to get a computing gadget that has the means for plenty greater, although. That way, interior the destiny, once you desire to enhance your ram, you could only slip a chip interior the back to spice up your velocity tensepersistent--storage. it relatively is the place you save all your information. Your songs, put in data-relatively something everlasting. a good place to start is around one hundred eighty GB or greater. you like multiple this in case you have multiple songs, photos, or video games. it rather is okay in the adventure that your computing gadget does not have oodles of this, considering which you could consistently purchase exterior stressful drives that hook up with the aid of potential of the USB ports on your laptop. desire this helps.

if you want a high memory you will not get a laptop cheap and may be worth thinking about a desktop instead as it is cheaper and you can get more memory for your money

Acer are the best value.

Look at the Dell's dude.

http://www.dell.com/

• brain

mac