Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsWinter SportsSnow Skiing · 1 decade ago

how do you find snow ski competions, tips on doing them and finding them?

HI,

I JUST NEED SOME TIPS ON DOING COMPS AND ALSO HOW DO YOU FIND THEM???

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Looking for racing? There is a nationwide race program called NASTAR, where people at ski resorts around the country can participate in races, then be seeded nationally. Around March-ish, if you are one of the top three in your age group at your resort, you will be invited to the NASTAR nationals, located in Steamboat Springs, CO.

Good luck and let me know if you've got any questions.

Source(s): www.nastar.com
  • 1 decade ago

Go to your local / favorite ski area and inquire about ski racing or freestyle competitions at the ski school. NASTAR is a racing program available to amatures, but for more serious competition check out the Unites States Ski and Snowboard Association. They manage the US ski team.

The Ski and Snowboard Association (USSA) is the national governing body for Olympic skiing and snowboarding. Founded in 1905, the nearly century-old organization provides leadership and direction for tens of thousands of young skiers and snowboarders who share an Olympic dream. As a company, USSA’s management and staff coordinate a nationwide program in seven distinctly different Olympic sports -- alpine, cross country, disabled, freestyle, ski jumping, nordic combined, and snowboarding. The U.S. Ski Team has been based in Utah since in 1974, with the now U.S. Ski and Snowboard Association consolidating with the Team in Park City in 1988.

• 1 decade ago

You may also be able to find some local ski clubs in your area that may have info on local comps. The best way is ussually to look at the events calendars of your local mountains and go from there.

• 3 years ago

you will ought to unfold your weight greater between the two skis, and it could take the time to artwork a compromise between weighting the decrease ski basically, to weighting the two skis the two. you would be finding for a compromise between uncomplicated powder snowboarding technique, and the somewhat greater aggressive technique needed for an corporation steep slope. The bouncing you do, and the intensity into the snow you drop collectively as you're bouncing will help to brake you. it is going to additionally make certain the quantity of snow that cascades up into your face and over your shoulders. placed on goggles. you could need them. except you're an ace swimmer, and can get your respiratory synchronised with your bouncing, save your mouth close, different than of direction to whoop with sheer excitement on the exciting of all of it. quite some people lose a ski interior the deep powder. If the avalanche possibility is low, it is not a foul concept to have some style of twine fastening going around your ankle and related to the ski. on the different hand I surely have in many situations controlled to maintain my skis related by utilising diving head first down the slope whilst i grew to become into approximately to fall! It takes in simple terms a sprint time to clean the snow out of uncovered orifices, even though it saves digging around in angel poop up on your neck, finding for a ski that has in all likelihood moled its way into the subsequent valley. it is likewise significant whilst snowboarding off piste in any situation to placed on or carry some style of reflector or transmitter which will help any rescuers dig you out, could desire to you be buried in an avalanche. Do study the article entitled 'Skiers and Avalanches' while you're uncertain approximately whether a slope is risk-free or no longer.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Mike C
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

NASTAR is great if your into that spandex thaing. If your looking for freestyle camps and events check out newschoolers.com they have a forum for all that stuff. Also check out Powder Mag and Freeskier both have local goings on. Most of all check out your local shop nobody knows more than the guys doing it every day.

• 1 decade ago

first of all, i think skiing rocks! 2nd, you can google ski comps and pick up sum skiing help on tricks by searching how to do ski tricks on google. you can do anything on google!lol

• 1 decade ago

I guess that it depends on where you live, how old you are, and whether you want racing or a freestyle competition, but NASTAR is a great bet anywhere.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.