Where are the best places and worst places to seek a relationship?

Couple of years out of a 16 year relationship. Can love happen more than once in a lifetime. Can you be successful looking for love or just let it fall from the sky?

Favorite Answer

The answer to this question depends on what type of relationship you are seeking.

For this answer I'm going to assume that you want to know where to go to find a lasting relationship.

First things first. Avoid the wrong places. You don't want to go to a straight bar to find a gay date. Though you may find someone to go home with, you may also end up in a world of hurt.

It is also good to avoid the wrong relationships. Involvement in the wrong relationships waste your time and energy by tying you down when it is apparent that the relationship won't last.

Avoiding the wrong relationships can be done by avoiding ties to relationships that are based soley on physical attraction. I mean if you like the way someone looks, but there is no meaningful conversation, where is the emmotional connection. The emotion is all built on physical desire, and will crumble with time.

(I could write a book on the wrong types of people for a relationship, but I will stop with this, the most common mistake.)

The next best thing to do is to understand that there is no one best place to find lasting love. Some people have searched their whole lives for it, and still others have just had it fall in their lap. (so to speak)

I suppose you would want to find someone who shared common interests with yourself so why take your search to the places where your common interest abounds. For instance: If you like cars, go to car shows. If you like jazz, go to see a jazz concert. If you like baseball, head to a ball park. I could go on and on, but I think you get my point.

Normally I would suggest that you keep up a regular social life with your friends, but If you share alot of the same friends with your ex. then this may be uncomfortable. still though, Your friends will certainly have other friends who are available. This type of relationship has some real plusses to it. If you are too shy to approach the other party, your friends may break the ice for you. Another plus is that if your not sure how the relationship is going, there is a good chance that your friends have already talked with your partner, this makes it possible for you to get an informed yet unbiased outside view.

Whatever you do, and whereever you go to meet people, be yourself, and be true to yourself. By being youself, you will find people who are interested in you for who you are, not in some painted over image that will fade with time. By being true to yourself, you will be sure take appropriate action should you find yourself in a less than equal relationship.

For me, true love really did fall from the sky. I stopped looking and a great relationship fell in my lap shortly afterward.

The best places to meet people are at public areas like gyms, parks, or social settings. There are many positive groups and organizations to get involved in. I've met many cool guys by joining some sports teams, even though I'm not that athletic. The worst places to meet people are in bars or bath houses. Your judgement is impaired and most people aren't looking for a relationship, they want something else. I'm still up on the air about meeting people off the internet. I've met some great guys online, but I've also met a lot of liars and freaks.

Don't worry if you don't meet somebody right away! It's always worth the wait to find the best relationship. It took me two years and a lot of first dates, but now I"m really happy. Hope this was helpful.

In my neighborhood we have this community center where you can buy snacks, and there's a pool and music and people have parties there all the time... it's an awesome place to meet people from my neighborhood or the surrounding ones. Look for a place like that or just a community pool.

Love can come if u look for it or if u don't look for it and even though one relationship doesn't work out that doesn't mean u can't fall in love again. If you want pretty women come to California. You should have a lot of luck finding your Cinderella there. Good Luck!!! ^_^

i think everything is given a second chance it might b hard for you tho considering how long u 2 wer together just take it slow and u will find exactly what u r looking for

a bar is a good and bad place

coffee shop is good

park (if u like dogs bring 1 it helps) is good

best of wishes to you

- frosty

the best place is a romantic place

count ur lucky pennies, and pray to...*)

look on the internet for single people, duh!