Is there a plant/tree that smells like male sperm?

I live in Harford County, Maryland and driving along back roads I constantly get wiffs of this smell and it bugged me forever. I finally was driving with someone and they commented that it smells like semen and, well, they were right. It is just driving my crazy to try and figure out what the heck this smell is coming from! Only mature answers please, I just want to know if anyone knows if this is a certain plant or tree.

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Bradford Pears, when in bloom, smell like semen here in Rome, Georgia.

Source(s): Have put up with that smell for 17 years now. Makes me wish I had planted real pears or real anything.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I don't know the answer to this question but I can definitely support you and verify that I too have smelled this plant life before. I live in Western MA and smell it all the time in the summer. Good luck with that answer...let me know if you find out.

Source(s): The nose
  • It's definitely acacia. These trees are planted or grown in abundance in Iran. Those who've not smelled semen will like the smell.

• zilmag
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

The smell of the blooming acacia trees along the highway in the Santa Cruz mountains was like that. At least, I was told it was the acacias -- I suppose it could have been something else. I don't know if you have acacias where you live ... they have big yellow fluffy blossoms and feathery foliage.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Yeah I've smelt it too, a certain kind of tree's pollen smells like the sticky stuff.

• 7 years ago

It's chestnut flower I think

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

oh my god ... YES..!

i live in SO Ca and these trees are planted all over. they produce white flowers and the smell makes me wana throw up.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

im from PA and wonder the same thing EVERY day! i don't know for sure. i think its the humidity. on nice warm, non humid days with no chance of rain its never there. right before and right after it rains the smell is more noticible.

• 1 decade ago

If you do a google search for tree semen smell you get a lot of listings for the Bradford pear that Stephen C mentions...so I would say he is correct.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=sem...

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I never knew male sperm had a smell to it. I don't know what it smells like either .

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.