COLORADO LAW My xgf filed false charges against me. Can I file civil case before criminal charges are dropped?

I have substantial evidence that my x-gf lied to police to purposefully get me arrested. This costed me several thousand $$$'s, lost work, bond costs, etc. I want restitution. However, I am in fear she may leave the state or move to where I can't find her. My case has been set for trial and I am 100% sure I... show more I have substantial evidence that my x-gf lied to police to purposefully get me arrested. This costed me several thousand $$$'s, lost work, bond costs, etc. I want restitution. However, I am in fear she may leave the state or move to where I can't find her. My case has been set for trial and I am 100% sure I will win and charges will be dropped.

Can I file the civil small claims case against her before the trial occurs and the charges are dropped? Again reason being is that I want the summons served to her ASAP as I have reason to believe she may be moving and I won't know where.

Perhaps I can keep getting continuances on the civil case until the criminal is over?

Or am I going to set myself up for failure by filing before the criminal is complete?

Thanks for everyone's help!