How can I overcome my shyness around girls?

I'm 19 years old and I'm friends with this girl who is 17 years old. I like her alot, even though she only likes me as a friend. How can I overcome my shyness when I'm around her? I want to be more outgoing but I also don't want to be annoying either though. How can I find the balance between being... show more I'm 19 years old and I'm friends with this girl who is 17 years old. I like her alot, even though she only likes me as a friend. How can I overcome my shyness when I'm around her? I want to be more outgoing but I also don't want to be annoying either though. How can I find the balance between being funny and outgoing without being really annoying and possibly looking stupid? should I even care since we are just friends? I want to be more outgoing and funny but I also don't want to embarrass myself in front of her! BTW she is outgoing and talkative so its kind of hard to get a word in sometimes. Also when we hang out it seems like she is always tired and not really interested in whats going on sometimes. She is really funny and cool to hang out with but sometimes she gets where she is really tired and I don't think she would think it would be funny if I started being more outgoing. BTW we spend most of our time hanging out in my car:) :(

thanks
Update: She knows I'm somewhat shy so that dosen't help, but I'm trying to be more outgoing and show her a good time. It feels like in order for me to hang out with her more/get invited to her parties I need to be outgoing and funny.

thanks