Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesOrlando · 1 decade ago

Benefits of working at The Disney Store vs. The Children's Place?

My family and extended family (20 of us) are going to Disney World next year. Aside from needing some extra spending money, I heard that you can get discounts and free passes to Disney World by working there. Can anyone tell me what the discounts/benefits are? Also, I have heard that The Children's Place bought out The Disney store. Is this true, and if so, does The Children's Place offer the same kind of discounts and passes? Thanks so much for any help!

• Mary K
    Favorite Answer

The Children's Place received ownership of The Disney Store in November 2005. Park benefits for Disney Store employees dropped DRASTICALLY since the Cast Members were no longer Disney Company employees. You can no longer get discounts down at the park, the only discount you receive is at The Disney Store itself and at The Children's Place (30% discount). Disney Store employees do receive complimentary tickets. Cast members receive 3 one day base tickets (base tickets are one park per day). The employee must do a request through the manager, and that is sent to the parks. A date of arrival must be included. The parks will have the tickets at any Guest Services, and the cast member is the ONLY person who can pick them up (as a drivers license or state ID *and* your work ID card are required to be shown). The tickets are only good until the end of the year. However, because of the way the pricing of Disney tickets are now (only a couple extra bucks per day you add on), the comp tickets are not very useful, and many Cast Members never bother to order theres. Basically put, TDS cast members really don't receive anything for Disney World as we are no longer owned by the same company.

I may be wrong, but I don't believe Children's Place employees receives these comp tickets. It was something the Disney Company did for Disney Store employees before the company changeover (though the Disney Company tickets were MUCH better), and as a courtesy, the Disney Company allowed The Children's Place to continue to do this for us after the stores were sold.

Source(s): I work at The Disney Store.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

My family and extended family (20 of us) are going to Disney World next year. Aside from needing some extra spending money, I heard that you can get discounts and free passes to Disney World by working there. Can anyone tell me what the discounts/benefits are? Also, I have heard that The...

Source(s): benefits working disney store children 39 place: https://biturl.im/UPL3C

Disney Store Employee Discount

I have never heard of discounts for working in the Disney Store. Working in one of the parks you would get the following benefits.

http://disney.go.com/disneycareers/wdwcareers/bene...

I don't think you would get any from working at your local Disney Store in the mall.

go to the stores and ask them because different states have different policies and stores