Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 decade ago

o.k from my previous questions, you all answered i should go to a doctor but now i ask, which one?...?

To update those of you who haven't read my previous questions...here we go. Everyone says that I have this terrible odor coming from my body. I can't smell it but I assume that if I have a smell, that it must be my vagina because it sweats an awful lot.Now, I want to know what doctor should I go and see if people are saying that I smell but I am not too certain where this smell could be coming from? Would I see a gyn, psych, go to the emergancy room and see a triage nurse,etc. Everyone answered from my other questions that I should see a doctor but what kind of doctor should I see if I am not to certain where this so called smell if coming from? Please respong promptly because I don't work tomorrow and I want to take care of this immediately, bright and early. Thanks in advance.

well today is the day that i was supposed to find out what the hell is wrong with me but i couldnt find not one walk-in gyn clinic in my area. i was told at various clinics that the gyn only comes in at different days so i would have to make an appointment. some clinics didnt even take my coverage! so since the day is almost finished and i am about to get my son from school, i am just going to take a day off from work in the middle of next week and take care of this matter. this way, i will have an appointment and i won't be rejected. also, this will give me some time to find a clinic that will except my insurance. wish me luck!

Favorite Answer

Go to a GP, he/she will take care of it or will decide if u need specialist. You don't know for sure that odor is coming from your vagina.

If your vagina is "sweating" you may have a yeast infection. That can definately cause a smell. I would go see a GYN first. A "sweating" vagina is not normal in most people and yeast infections don't always come with the required itch.

Generally, you can go to a general practioner and they can take care of any BACTERIAL infections (sweat won't make you smell that bad) you might have. Unless they are idiots, they'll give you an antibiotic, and you'll be fine. If you had a ob/gyn that you felt more comfortable with, you're more than welcome to go to them too. A bacterial infection can definitely make you smell funny down there, but it doesn't warrant any emergency. Anywho, it happens to a lot of women, no worries!

If you think it's coming from down there, then go to a gyno! There must be a clinic in your area that will see you tomorrow. If the gyno says it's not there, then ask her/him what they think the problem may be.

I wish you all the best and I really hope it all works out for you.

most drs have a nurse there who you can get in to see easier than your dr so i would go to her first and talk to her.

she will point you in the right direction and may eve be able to help you pin point the location of the smell and if there is a problem she will be able to advise you if you need to see a dr or even on hygiene practices that may be able to help, no offence meant but at times they can reccomend a product that can help off the counter at any local chemists

Since you suspect that the problem is with your vaginal area, I would recommend that you see a gynecologist . That's their specialty area, they should know whats going on.

See a gyno.

Source(s): Medical Field