MiiMii asked in PetsRodents · 1 decade ago

Found my mouse Finaly! He is hurt tho. please help?

I found my mouse, thanks for the ideas... but his right back paw is smasked and 100% broken and shattered... its purple and he has a matted coat with a small back wound.... how can i help him..... I feel so sorry for him. every time i tuch him he whines and squeeks.... his foot just wobbles. and i dont have enough money to take him to a vet...

okay i talked to the vet and the vet said all i can do is let him rest and make sure he is relaxed. as i was watching him very close i found out his acle bone is broken... thats all, the doc said that i should just let him rest and clean him and keep him warm. she said if i would have brought him all they would do is most likely cut his paw off and give him a neosporin type medicen... so im applying meds to his foot and lightly bandageing him.. thank you all so much for your advice [please do not crittisize me about being a bad owner! i am not. i take care of all of my pets with love and i love them to death! so just watch what you say please!] anyway.. an hour after me grooming him and feeding him small fruits and grains he became his normal self all happy and hyper, and he is getting his rest and is relaxing on some cotton based bedding. he is fine thank you all! some suggestions are still welcome tho! [luvs miimii!]

Favorite Answer

Okay first of all, take immediate action. Put some really soft bedding or even toilet paper in a small carrier, and put a heating pad under HALF of it. this way he can crawl away from it if he wants to (PUT IT ON LOW!) . then, if possible, try to GENTLY stabilize the paw (so that it is not in an awkward position.) baby food can help, give him some through a tiny syringe, and have a tiny container of water in the cage. make the cage comfy. While he is resting, go out to a vets office jsut so that you can ask them what else you might be able to do. i would reccommend bringing him, just so that the vet can take a quick look at him. BEFOREHAND ask the vet if you will be charged for this remember to tell him that YOU ONLY WANT ADVICE. you do not want the vet to care for him. try to show him that you love him, give him a few treats and just let him rest. <3<3<3<3<3 hope he GETS WELL SOON! <3

There is no other option but to take him to the vet. But, once I had a hamster and lost if for 2 days and when I found it, HE WAS LIMPING SOO BAD. so i put him in his cage and got him extra bedding so he is nice and comfy and the bone eventually grew back with the other broken bone. I recommend you let him rest for some time and give him ALOT of bedding and if this doesn't work (which I don't believe it will since your mouse's paw is shattered) take him to the vet.

I know it sounds kind of mean but if you can't take him to a vet, make him comfortable and leave him alone. Clean him with a damp q-tip to get any blood or dirt off of him. Check on him every day but don't touch him at all after that. Animals in the wild are used to healing on their own.. plus, since he's so small, anything you're doing is probably making the situation worse.

Put him in a cage by himself, clean and comfortable with food and water nearby so he doesn't have to work too hard to get to it and leave him alone for about a week.

My first choice though would be a vet.

If you know a vet, ask if he might help you, accepting only what you CAN afford.

Before that, try buying some medical cleaning agent at the drugstore - ask the pharmacist for help - and soak the foot in warm (not hot) water, and try to clean the foot (and the wound on his back). Keep him warm and as comfortable as possible.

Take somthing light, like clothe and wrap around his paw. Neosporin for the wounds. Don't handle him much, put hum in a heated box with cusings and water and food. Check on him daily. He might not live. Pets so small like that are hard to take care of.

Ouch, poor guy! TRY to take hime to the vet!

If not, carefully clean off the wound with a q-tip and neosporin. If wrap up his injury with gauze of some sort, and put him in a seperate cage. Gerbils are playful, and you don't want him even more hurt. Try not to handle him to much, and have his food, water, and anything else he'll need close to his bed.

Then, PLEASE take him to the vet!

You need to find the money and get him to a vet. Would you want to suffer like that? Call a small animal vet and see if you can do something on a payment plan. Do not allow your pets to suffer, it is cruel.

I'm glad you're not my owner...no offense but I feel bad for the little guy! HE NEEDS A VET!!!

ok for his paw, wrap it in guaze, then in a baindaid like a cast. for his back wound, take one of those tiny round baindaids and put it on. pay close attention to him, and change his baindaids every day. good luck with him, i hope you all the best.

That sounds bad. He needs a vet. If you can't afford that, put him out of his misery the poor thing.