Can turtles live on rain water?

i have two turtles in my back yard they are kept in a thick plastic container, similar to a kiddy pool but bigger. I have many rocks where they like to climb but they are not water turtles thought, my dad found one at a forest and its green with yellow stripes and i found one walking down the street and almost got... show more i have two turtles in my back yard they are kept in a thick plastic container, similar to a kiddy pool but bigger. I have many rocks where they like to climb but they are not water turtles thought, my dad found one at a forest and its green with yellow stripes and i found one walking down the street and almost got ran over, it only green. They are both like 6 inches long. It has rained a lot here and they are living on rain water not tap water. I feed them worms, lettuce, and little pieces of bolony, because im not really sure what they eat. I want to get minnow fish on my little pond with the turtles so they can just eat them when ever they want, would this be a good idea, i dont know if minnow fish can live outside with rain water or if my turtles would eat them but i have noticed they are carnivorse. thanks I dont know much about turtles any advice would be good. ^_^
12 answers 12