I have a 1995 Chrysler LHS, it wont start? help?

I can't get any spark at all.

I have checked the crankshaft postion sensor, and it was fine so it's not that. I have checked then coil, and it's not that. I have checked the camshaft sensor and it's fine also.

Could it be the PCM, and how could i check to see if the PCM is bad?

-thank you.

• Mark B
    Favorite Answer

ASD (Auto Shut-Down) relay might be bad. It controls the spark and fuel, and is there to shut fuel and spark off in the event of an accident to prevent fires.

The relay will be in a black fuse box under the hood, the cover should have a label showing the layout of the fuses and relays in the box. There are several relays that are the same in that box, so testing is as easy as swapping with one that is the same from another spot that isn't needed to run teh vehicle. I usually use one of the relays from the intermittent wipers or A/C clutch. (of course, check all the fuses while looking in there, it might be a blown fuse)

If you change the relay out and it starts up, go get a new one from your local Dodge, Chrysler, or Jeep dealer for about $10.00 (should be part number 4727370AA).

Chrysler PCM's rarely go bad, I can't tell you how many times someone brings their car in after having replaced the PCM to find the problem is only a sensor or relay or something else.

If the relay doesn't fix it, have it towed to your dealership service department, or trusted local mechanic and have them diagnose it. The diagnostic fee and towing would easily be covered if you buy a computer and didn't need it (not to mention most PCM's need to be programmed to the vehicle anyway).

BTW, the LHS does not use a ballast resistor.

Mikaela is right wires most likely still wrong 1 other poss. you may have gas fouled the plugs. f you look at the motor, it will have the firing motor located on top, towards the back. I used to own one. I'm not completely sure, but I can say, that I'm almost positive that the firing order is 123456. (If you have the 3.5L V6 that is) As far as a diagram, I'd just look at the owners manual. If you don't have one, buy a Chilton Auto Manual for the Chrysler LH Series Cars. 93-97 model years. Although, I'm sure it's somewhere on the Internet.

• duster

a 95 may still have that brain box, with the Chrysler star shaped plug on top, but first, check for this.

Chrysler used to love to use big power resistors for voltahe control over their wind shield wipers, altornators, and voltage control over the spark as well.

usually on the fire wall, just above ware the steering shaft comes through, there is a big, white epoxeyblock with a plug at the top, and bottom. They do go bad, shutting down the ignition module, taking away the spark.

their cheap, so buy a few extra, and throw em in the glove box for spares. They do go bad, with out any prior warning.

If you have a computer code reader, DRBII then you can check for codes pertaining to a PCM failure. If not, you can not check the PCM.

That's a domestic car for you

idk im no car freak?

hOPE THIS HELPEDD LOL