Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

Who would be the ideal running mate alongside Fred Thompson for the 2008 Presidential candidacy?

I choose Newt Gingrich.

• Calvin
    Favorite Answer

Newt Gingrich is good no question.

I also like Duncan Hunter as VP on that ticket (or even Tancredo).

He needs to pick one of those three or of a few others to show that he is serious about the borders and illegal immigration (to absolutely cement the Republican right).

He does that...and thus proves to America that he will do something in this regard...and I think he wins hands down (and draws alot of old labor Dem votes to him).

I like Newt but he is too polarizing for the people. Now you may think I'm crazy but a great team would be Thompson/Richardson. I know he's a democrat but he is in the middle and his foreign policy credentials are fantastic.

Newt's a joke. A good ticket:

Romney for Prez, Thompson for Veep.

Ideal ticket:

Romney/ Michael Steele

Sam Waterston

Paris Hilton. It would gain the media attention, encourage younger people to vote, and provide a recognizable name and face to vote for. What a ticket! I’d vote for it. And if the president got whacked, we would automatically have a female president. Oh.. wait Paris isn’t old enough to be VP. Ok. I’ll go with C. Rice instead.

Huckabee

Newt is good. I like Rudy. He's honest and hard working and from New York and the pair would stomp Hillary into mush.

I agree with Newt. I also like Tancredo. Let's close that border and start kicking those illegals back over to the Mexican side.

Colin Powell

Pepe la Pue