What was the program called "GET SMART" about? Was it a mystery show? Was it an hour long or 1/2 hour long?

How often did it air?

Please tell me as much info as you can about it.

Best Answer

In 1965 the cold war was made a little warmer and a lot funnier due in part to the efforts of an inept, underpaid, overzealous spy: Maxwell Smart, Agent 86. The hit comedy series 'Get Smart' is the creation of comic geniuses Buck Henry and Mel Brooks. Henry teamed with Brooks to create what has undoubtedly become one of the finest parody/satires of all time. The project seemed headed for success from the start: ABC had green lighted it based on the strength of the concept, and they had an actor already under contract to play Smart. Brooks was approached to write the pilot. As he was looking for a way to finance his new movie The Producers, he agreed. Deemed "not funny", the initial script was rejected by ABC. Undaunted, the production team shopped the script around and NBC accepted it with one minor change. They wanted Don Adams in the title role. And so, an unlikely legend was born.

Set in Washington, D.C., the show features Agent 86 (Maxwell Smart), his boss (The Chief), Smart's partner and later wife (Agent 99) and a host of other agents both good and evil. Perhaps one of the most important elements of the show is the gadgetry created to help Smart in his quest to keep the free world free. On this show, anything including the kitchen sink can be a phone, a tape recorder, a camera or weapon. Looking for an Agent? Check under your seat cushion. Want a weapon? Try your finger-gun. Need to make a phone call? Open up that bologna sandwich. The show was painted in the broadest of strokes and played every moment for its own delightful reality.

In order to give the agents of CONTROL, a series of worthy opponents, KAOS was created. Smart and 99 battled the likes of Mr. Big, The Claw, and Siegfried.

On the home front, Max and 99 had a relationship that developed as the show ran and eventually they married. 99 soon gave birth to twins (a boy and a girl) and the Smart family (and the show) began to experience some growing pains.

Get Smart ran from 1965 through 1970 on both NBC and CBS. For one month in 1995 FOX attempted to bring the series back with some changes; Max as the Chief, 99 as a Congresswoman, and the Smart twins were now inexplicably only one child. Despite the lack of success experienced by the sequel, Get Smart remains a favorite by agents and civilians alike. (TV Land)

People who believe in Intelligent Design should claim it as a religious belief (or, at least, not a scientific fact), and here's why: It's unprovable. (Note: most people who believe in ID will stop reading right here, because they assume I'm against them. Please don't. I'm not. Just hear me out) The whole point of science is to have a question, maybe an idea of the answer, and then test it out. You do the experiment, you take notes, you interpret the data (as unbiased as you can, preferably), and you formulate a conclusion. This conclusion should be reproducible, meaning that when you tell me about what you did and what happened, I can go and do the same thing and generally get the same result. Intelligent Design, as currently understood, is not testable. That's actually a really important part of it, and you shouldn't reject that (I'll get to that in a minute). The trouble is there's no experiment you can do that will show you and prove to you that there is a Designer. Theoretically, you could prove it if the Designer revealed itself to you, or if you somehow found some sort of record of how the Designer did it (you'd have to be able to verify it's legitimate, and how you would do that I have no idea). Thing is, nobody has ever done this in a way that holds up to scientific rigor. This is a good thing, by the way. Or, rather, it's a good thing that we hold things up to this rigor. If we didn't, then we could easily be swayed by any crazy idea that anybody comes up with, and that's not going to be good for us on a societal level. Now, those who believe in Intelligent Design should not reject this idea. Why is that? Well, I'm not saying (and nobody can say [if they tell you they can, they're either a liar or ignorant, hopefully the latter]) that Intelligent Design is wrong. Saying it doesn't hold up to scientific rigor does not (at least in this case) mean it's incorrect. It just means it's unprovable. In other words, it means you need to take it by faith. You either believe it or you don't. You may have some things you call evidence, you may have some reasons you believe it, but in the end you have to decide to believe it or not to. And, at least for those of Abrahamic religions, that's kind of the point. You're supposed to take it on faith. The point is, though, it's not science. Just like art or mathematics or history are not, strictly speaking, sciences, and therefore should not be taught in the science classroom. There may be some shared characteristics, there may be some overlap in their dominion, but they're not the same thing. And that's okay. Religionists tend to take this as an insult, which is silly and childish. It's fine. Maybe one day, though, you'll find God's Vlog where he gives us an Earth-making Walkthrough, and THEN we can call it science.

It was a 30 min sit-com. It was kind of a comedy version of 007. Maxwell Smart was a secret agent, detective type...and he had an assistant (played by George Kennedy--who you can find in Naked Gun 33 and 1/3 w/Leslie Nielsen & OJay Simpson). His other assistant was this pretty, sexy agent called "99" (I guess she was agent #99). I don't remember her name, but she was a major sex symbol back then. The show was set in the late 60's with really cool fashion, of course showcased by the female agent. They would foil villains' plans and catch the bad guys much like the gang on Scooby Doo. There's probably a website. I wouldn't be surprised if you can type in getsmart.com and fine an homage website to the show....hold on, let me check...I'm back...just checked. getsmart.com doesn't do it--its car insurance quotes or something...So then I tried sixtiestv.com...

but no luck, (showed the line-up of shows all thru the 60's..you clicked onto the year at the bottom)...I went for 68, (But Get Smart was filmed in the 70's). I was closer...Then I tried seventiestv.com... and Bingo! I kept clicking on 70's TV shows over to the side...no Get Smart, so then I typed in "Get

Smart" and it offers complete videos that you can order. I would also Google it...that should tell you something. I hope this helped.

It was a spoof on all the secret agent shows that had come out at the time. It was a comedy. They were making fun of the James Bond stuff, In like Flynn, and Man from U.N.C.L.E. I think it was a hour. The whole thing was just silly stuff. Forget the main actor's name. His sidekick agent was a women he called "Agent 99". He would always accidently solve an international crime.

Get Smart was a half-hour TV comedy, developed by Mel Brooks, about a bumbling secret agent (a la James Bond.) I think it lasted 3 or 4 seasons.

Mystery and 1/2 hour show