nicole asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 1 decade ago

assess the changing rights and freedoms of migrants in the post WWII period?

please give link.. THANK YOU.!!!! =)

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

That is too broad based - - - which migrant group to what nation? Those moving voluntarilly or those forced to go? Jews flooding into Palestine or 'Ethinic' Poles returning to a Poland whose borders have been adjusted.

Here is an article on Mexican Migrants in America. That ought to stir up a lot of angry negatives,..

http://www.gale.com/free_resources/chh/timeline/19...

""1950

July 3. The U.S. Congress upgrades Puerto Rico's political status from protectorate to commonwealth.

1950s

Throughout the early 1960s, segregation is abolished in Texas, Arizona, and other regions, largely through the efforts of the League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC) and the Alianza Hispano Americana.

Immigration from Mexico doubles from 5.9 percent to 11.9 percent, and in the 1960s rises to 13.3 percent of the total number of immigrants to the United States.

1950s-1960s

Black workers continue to be the most numerous migrants along the eastern seaboard states, while Mexican and Mexican-American workers soon dominate the migrant paths between Texas and the Great Lakes, the Rocky Mountain region, and the area from California to the Pacific Northwest.

The Bracero Program is formalized as the Mexican Farm Labor Supply Program and the Mexican Labor Agreement, and will bring an annual average of 350,000 Mexican workers to the United States until its end in 1964.

Fulgencio Batista seizes power of Cuba again, this time as dictator, taking Cuba to new lows of repression and corruption.

In the landmark case of Hernandez v. Texas, the nation's highest court acknowledges that Hispanic Americans are not being treated as "whites." The Supreme Court recognizes Hispanics as a separate class of people suffering profound discrimination, paving the way for Hispanic Americans to use legal means to attack all types of discrimination throughout the United States. It is also the first U.S. Supreme Court case to be argued and briefed by Mexican American attorneys.

1954-1958

Operation *******, a government effort to locate and deport undocumented workers, results in the deportation of 3.8 million persons of Mexican descent. Only a small fraction of that amount are allowed deportation hearings. Thousands of U.S. citizens of Mexican descent are also arrested and detained. ""

Peace....

• Erika
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

that is not any longer basically religious people who try this. every person who believes or does not have faith passionately in something has probable been responsible of this. From a private standpoint confident I do on occasion get aggravated with the help of human beings who argue against what i've got faith yet no longer (frequently!) for what they're saying yet for the suitable way they say it. i do no longer ridicule every person who does not persist with Christianity because of the fact I see, nevertheless i do no longer take place to agree, why they have chosen to no longer have faith or perhaps basically no longer bothered to think of approximately it the two - there are apathetic human beings like that for the period of the two camps, i'm no longer pointing palms at non Christians! I ought to declare i've got basically been using this talk board good for 2 days and that i'm already rightly peed off on the quantity of human beings who ask questions with an schedule and people who answer ideal questions devoid of examining them good and giving rubbish solutions just to mock human beings.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.