What is the average number of pizzas consumed by total programmers during the creation of a large scale game?

In general, I assume that there are atleast 5 programmers on a small scale project, and what, 10, on a larger scale game development project? If each one ate 3 pizzas a day, that would make for some 210 pizzas per week, and probably a year or two of development, making for oh say, 840 pizzas per month, making for 19,240 pizzas average per project? What would you say the average number of pizzas consumed during a project are?

*** omg you guys are fantastic. Everyone should get a thumbs up on this one, except for maybe greed, who I think needs to get out of the office a little more often. Health conscious? lol. Not really, it's important. Vx, way to go, you actually answered the question. Everyone else made me smile, and some even me laugh a little. Gotta admit, 2am answering questions when I should be plotting my next big scheme, yeah I'm a little bored.

Thanks a ton you guys, and nice to meet you. Keep those answers coming.

Favorite Answer

I feel there are two important questions that stem off from your question. A - How bored are you? & B - Is why would a single developer eat three pizza's a day? Most people eat half a pizza not three whole ones. I'm also more curious as to the accumulative price not the amout of pizza's.

As for corporate programmers I would say they fit the stereotype of the fat guy overwhelming his swivel chair sans the high intellect. With the massive cuts in corporate funding of none productive IT sections, programmers are less pampered with health and fitness breaks and facilities so they are not likely to be the other stereotype that you see in movies of the super fit health freak.

As for the pizzas how could anyone eat more than one pizza in a month? (Unless it came from an Italian restaurant.)

"49 minutes per line of code"hey? I guess that confirms what I said about the intellect of corporate programmers.

http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/black-white-...

Babies born to the team - 9

Leah Abbruscato, Sonny Burfitt, Ada Rose Kirczenow, Annabel Leach, Lucas Molyneux, Joss Robson, Joshua Matthew Peter Smethurst, William Thomas Sugden, Christian David Wiggins

Fast food orders consumed

Total 19840, Curries 7936, Pizzas 5952, Chinese 1190.4, Thais 1984, Misc 992, Toilet rolls used 23360

http://faculty.maxwell.syr.edu/jpgant/PPA724_sad.p...

Developing Windows ‘95

* Late 1995, Microsoft released Windows ‘95

* Took 3 years to create it

o has 11,236,344 lines of code

o took 9,234,455 hours of work

+ = 49 minutes per line of code

o took 2,333,345 hours of testing

+ 12.5 minutes per line of code

o consumed 126,237 pizzas

+ one slice of pizza for every 9 lines of of code

Thats funny, if you beat the game fable, it will tell you how many that team consumed, the average number. I think it was like 1026.

shows what you know,

most software programmers become health-conscious so they stay away from that stereotypical image of the fat guy overwhelming his little chair