Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Alice in Wonderland & Through the Looking glass?

Are these two seperate books or are they one in the same, is Alice's Adventures in Wonderland or Alice in Wonderland the original book? The one with the original quotes, I'm a little confuesed lol which one is the original book by Lewis Caroll? lol

Favorite Answer

Through the Looking-Glass, and What Alice Found There (1871) is a work of children's literature by Lewis Carroll (Charles Lutwidge Dodgson).

It is the sequel to Alice's Adventures in Wonderland which is the ORIGINAL.

Favourite quote:

Alice: But I don't want to go among mad people.

The Cat: Oh, you can't help that.

We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.

Alice: How do you know I'm mad?

The Cat: You must be. Or you wouldn't have come here.

Alice: And how do you know that you're mad?

The Cat: To begin with, a dog's not mad. You grant that?

Alice: I suppose so,

The Cat: Well, then, you see, a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad.

"Alice's Adventures in Wonderland" is the first book and the sequel is "Through the Looking-Glass and What Alice Found There."

Through the Looking Glass is based on a chessboard and Alice in Wonderland is based on a deck of cards

• duuh

I think they are two different books usually sold as one novel...

Book Description

The Mad Hatter, the Ugly Duchess, the Mock Turtle, the Queen of Hearts, the Cheshire Cat-characters each more eccentric than the last, and that could only have come from Lewis Carroll, the master of sublime nonsense. In these two brilliant burlesques he created two of the most famous and fantastic novels of all time that not only stirred our imagination but revolutionized literature.