Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Josh asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 decade ago

If Jay Cutler plays well again, what is there to stop the Denver Bronocs from winning the AFC WEST?

Jay Cutler from his stats proved to be a better quarterback in every aspect compared to Vince Young, and Matt Leinhart. The Broncos will have the best Secondary in the NFL, D.J. Williams will move to the middle nicely, with receivers like Rod Smith if well, and Javon Walker, and Brandon Marshall, and Brandon Stokley, with new back Travis henry, there is no stopping this team. The only holes i can see is at outside linebacker where there is no clear starter aside of Ian Gold. The broncos have picked up several players at the defensive tackle, and end, and don't forget Elvis Dumervil, have 8.5 sacks last year, so we would only need one end to be a clear starter. So if you see any problems let me know im very curious

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

OMG, YOU SAID EVERYTHHING POSSIBLE FOR ME NOT TO ANSWER THIS QUESTION, U HIT EVERYTHIN RIGHT ON THE HEAD. NO ONE WILL STOP THE BRONCOS THIS YEAR, THEY'VE GOT THE BEST RECIEVING CORE IN THE DIVISION, WALKER, SMTIH, STOKELY, MARSHALL, THE BEST QUARTER BAK IN THE DIVISION, CUTLER, THE 2ND BEST RUNNING BACK, HENRY, THE BEST RB DEPTH, BELL AND SAPP, AND JOHNSON AT THE FULLBACK POSITION THE BEST O-LINE, NALEN, HAMILTON, LEPSIS, HOLLAND, MEADOWS, THE BEST TE CORE, GRAHAM, ALEXANDER, AND THE CHEF, THE BEST D-LINE, LANG, EKUBAN, DUMERVILE, ENGLBERGER,WARREN, MCKINLEY, VEAL, THE BEST LB CORE, WILLIAMS, WEBSTER, GOLD, GREEN, THE BEST DEFENSIVE BACKS IN THE LEAGUE, BAILEY, LYNCH, BLY, FERGUSON, FOXWORTH, COX, BRANDON, AND THE BEST FRIKIN TEAM IN THE NFL SINCE THE 98-99 BRONCOS.

• 5 years ago

Nope. i'm no longer saying this basically because of the fact i'm a Chargers fan. The Chargers are extremely the only opposition to the Broncos for the excellent spot interior the West. i in my view think of it's going to be close because of the fact that Denver has an extra straightforward time table than San Diego. If Denver can shrink back early, they have a competent risk of taking the West. i think of the Bolts will win the West nevertheless because of the fact they have the extra advantageous team. Norv Turner is an offensive genius and could lead the Chargers to a competent season and consistent with risk the playoffs. The Bolts did no longer ought to do something interior the offseason. they have the intensity and young little ones to assist their team interior the destiny. AJ Smith is doing a real good interest handling this team. and whether LT went down, do no longer for get Turner the Burner! The Chargers will win the West with Denver in 2nd.

• rome
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

You are right the Broncos will kick the crap out of the Chargers, the Chargers had crazy comebacks against the Broncos last year and never should have won either game, and this year the Broncos are even better.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Id say the Broncos are with the lions and redskins as being the laughing stock on draft day. Your right about dumervil, so why draft 2 more defensive ends on your firts 2 picks? I can tell you that the Broncos wont win because Shawne Merriman will say lights out to Cutler and Tomlinson will run all over this defense and win the West AGAIN!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Rod Smith? Oh, brother. What could stop the Broncos from winning the West? How about the defending West Champion San Diego Chargers. That's your answer.

• 1 decade ago

The Broncos have a great team. But their lack of run-stopping defense, combined with a shabby D-Line formed out of a somewhat talented rookie and a few aging Browns rejects is going to leave clear holes for the two greatest rushers in the league-Ladanian Tomlinson and Larry Johnson. These two are the greatest rushers in the NFL, and having proved they are nearly unstoppable, they look to continue the trend they have set. Johnson, to be featured in a Kansas City offense as the main weapon, will be sure to pummel Denver with his relentless balanced style of running. But the main weapon in this divison is LaDanian Tomlinson. He set the NFL record for TD's in a season. He led the league in rushing yards. And he's got weapons like Antonio Gates and Philip RIvers surrounding him. The Chargers are an offensive juggernaut that can't be stopped, and I'd like to see the Broncs try in their two meetings.

• 1 decade ago

The San Diego Chargers

• 1 decade ago

nothing will stop them, and i do agree with you the funny thing is linebackers have been our strength for the last 3 years then after losing wilson and moving williams to the middle our strength is suddenly our question mark. That said you will not find a better secondary in the nfl. Bailey and bly will carry denver to their 2nd afc west title in 3 years

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Let's see a little thing called the San Diego Chargers. Unless LT gets hurt, the Chargers are winning that divison. Phillip Rivers will be better, Shawne Merriman will keep any team from passing against them, and LT will be just LT. The Broncs will be good, but the Bolts are just better.

• Gman
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Um just a guess, LT and the San Diego Chargers????

There is no stopping your Broncos? Here is a clue, Jake the Snake was an upgrade over Cutler and if you think otherwise, you my friend are delusional...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.