promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Imeem's 30 Sec.?

i have a imeem account, and some songs are full, while others are 30 seconds. should i make a new account to see if i can get all of the full or find a new music service? and if so where?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

According to Wikipedia,

"On June 20th 2007 imeem announced its intention to share advertising revenues with artists who have music posted on the site, artist identification is performed using audio fingerprinting technology supplied by SNOCAP. However at the moment it appears that this business model is not being accepted by any of the major record labels and music from these major labels is only available as samples with prominent links to buy the music through other channels."

"This change from providing full length tracks to samples only has resulted in a firestorm of complaints in imeems user forums."

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

thats not true about the green button...its because the artists have rights to their songs and Imeem doesnt want to get sued..

Source(s): imeem explains it all
  • 1 decade ago

Are you clicking on the green play buttons when you're searching or on the hyper links? The green buttons are for samples and the hyper links should lead you to a new screen that is the full song, or whatever the user uploaded.

• 1 decade ago

I'd go with opening a new account

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

make account somewhere else

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.