Im always wet down there, how do I tell when I have fertile CM?

I've been lurking and reading here awhile, first question. 2nd hubby and I want a child, we've been married almost a year. I am 44 and he is 39, the only BC I've used is a diaphram so nothing to get out of my system. We began having unprotected sex in December 06 figuring I would get pregnant, but no... show more I've been lurking and reading here awhile, first question. 2nd hubby and I want a child, we've been married almost a year. I am 44 and he is 39, the only BC I've used is a diaphram so nothing to get out of my system. We began having unprotected sex in December 06 figuring I would get pregnant, but no luck yet.

In May I begin checking for fertile CM, but my vagina is always wet except right before and right after my period. I read about the changes in CM at http://ibabydust.com/cervical.asp. But my CM always seems slippery. Throughout my cycle, when we have sex my lubrication is profuse and becomes creamy like lotion but I never notice this phase when checking myself.

My LMP began on 6/15 and ended 6/19 and my cycles are 26 days. I can read the ovulation calender, but cant detect any change in my CM.

I have never paid attention to my CM before, but have always been very wet, to the point of wearing panty liners most days. My GYN assures me Im normal

Thanks for reading & help