How far is Buenos Aires from Montevideo, Uruguay and Iguazu Falls?

I'm planning a trip for this winter and I will be staying in Buenos Aires but I want to explore more of the country...so if anyone can please give me some answers, I'll greatly appreciate it! Also...where are the nice beaches near Buenos Aires? And cheap and safe places to stay?

Favorite Answer

I've done it several times (Buenos Aires - Montevideo) and I can say this: Buquebus (ferry) will take you in 3 hours but it's a very rocky road, lots of people with sea sickness throwing up in the toilet. By air, it's about 25-30 minutes. Never done it by car. I recommend by air but right now Austral and Aerolineas Argentinas are on strike so they are not reliable.

Iguazu is much further away, you need to go by air.

Safe and cheap places to stay in BA? Well, try Lois Suites Arenales, Apart Hotel Recoleta (in the middle of recoleta!!!) and if you want nice beaches you will have to go to either Pinamar, Mar del Plata, Villa Gessel.

Buenos Aires To Montevideo Ferry

Buenos Aires is very close to Montevideo. By bus - 8 hours. By car - 6 hours. By ferry - 3 hours (depends on which route you take). By airplane - 20 minutes.

While there are no beaches in the city of Buenos Aires, you can easily get away to the Atlantic coastal towns. Popular beach destinations are Mar del Plata, Pinamar and Villa Gesel. Don't expect to be impressed though. You are much better off heading to Uruguay if you are looking for a nice beach atmosphere (i.e., Punta del Este, Piriapolis, Atlantida, Cabo Polonio, La Pedrera, etc).

Source(s): Half Uruguayan and currently living in Buenos Aires

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): buenos aires montevideo uruguay iguazu falls: https://tr.im/UA88V

Buenos Aires is a fantastic city; it's an surprising metropolis that looks a bit like Europe, but with an edgy Latin American pose and if you want to visit that town then take a look with hotelbye . El Puerto Madero is just a place effectively visited. It offered as the main dock of Buenos Aires during the late 19th century but know is changed into houses that might be used as residences, restaurants, stores and other firms and to give this task a little flair, all streets in the district were named after women. Strolling through the Puerto Madero is a good way to invest a pleasant morning exactly like visiting El Obelisco. El Obelisco was built-in 1936 to commemorate the 400th anniversary of the town founding and now's a must-see place from Buenos Aires.

I lived in Buenos Aires for 3 years - sorry, no beaches. But don't miss Punta del Este in Uruguay - fabulous beaches and wonderful seafood restaurants. It's only a 20 minute flight and then a short bus trip to Punta and fairly inexpensive.

Iguazu is also wonderful and not to be missed. Again I would fly as it is a fair distance. There is a wonderful hotel on the Brasil side of the falls - I cannot remember the name but it is a sort of large pink colonial building complex in lush gardens. Have a wonderful time!

I have never been to Buenos Aires, but I would definitely recommend purchasing an English to Spanish pocket dictionary for your trip. This will be extremely useful. Also, read about the local customs and practices before you go, so you will not offend anyone or become confused. Furthermore, when you are buying plane tickets to Buenos Aires, try getting tickets from different airports and then setting up your own connective flight from your airport there. This saved me over $1,000 buying tickets to South America from the USA. Have fun!

Mar del Plata is very famous but specially during winter. You`ll like it but it´s more fun during summer.

If you are visiting Buenos Aires and would like to explore more places within the country I highly recommend patagonia and bariloche... you`ll fell in love ;) it´s safe VERY touristic and it´s a dream...

check the pics here:

http://www.welcomeargentina.com/bariloche/photogra...

My staff provide free and impartial travel advice from Buenos Aires Stay - click a look at our sites where you can find lots of information or speak to our concierge free, without any obligation!

www.bastay.com and www.buenosairesstay.com

Source(s): www.buenosairesstay.com

see:

http://www.ladatco.com/faq-arg.htm

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Tourism-g312741-Buenos_...

North-East:

Iguazzu Falls - Tripe Border (Argentina/Brasil/Paraguay)

North-West:

Salta - Tren de las Nubes (Clouds Train) highest train ride

West:

Mendoza: Wines and Mountains (Aconcagua-Highest America peak)

South:

Patagonia - whales, etc.

Usuahia - southmost city in the world

and much more!

Enjoy!