dangla12 asked in SportsHockey · 1 decade ago

what is the best hockey stick in hockey right now?

WARRIOR,EASTON , TPS, CCM, REEBOK, OTHER?

Favorite Answer

The best shooting stick is the Stealth. The best value is the nike bauer one90 or vapor XXX lite. The best current deal out there is the Synergy SL closeouts.

I shot an early version of the RBK 9KO in the fall, but it was too stiff for me to accurately gauge it. The 'O' forms at the tip of the shaft create multiple i beams in the critical slash zone of the shaft, so the stick should be pretty durable. Unfortunately, the i beams also add stiffness, thereby raising the shaft kickpoint up above the 'O' region.

There is no way I'd pay retail for the 9KO, that much I do know. There are entirely too many other good stick options out there to justify RBK's asking price. Other than that, I'd stay away from TPS (kindling), CCM vectors (bricks), but the Warrior Dolomite's a decent stick.

I'm a goaltender who also plays out/coaches on occasion. In goal I like to use composite, at least for now. Comparing the life of my current composite stick(Reebok, 7months and counting) to my past wooden stick (Nike Bauer, 5 months and almost in pieces). Composite is also much lighter, which I find nice. The price is also just about the same, to be honest. All somewhere near $100US. My only complaint about the composite is now a piece apparently chipped off inside and it rattles occasionally. Playing out...I wouldn't mind a composite stick, but they're not in my budget. I can run to Dick's Sporting Goods and buy a wooden stick for less than $20US and that will last me quite a while. The biggest problem I see with composite is price and chipping/breaking. Financially, I think going with wooden is much more beneficial.

Everyone hypes up the 9KO to be the greatest stick ever made. It's recieving more hype than the original Synergy's. Not many have used them yet, and those who have, are giving premature reviews to them as they probably have only used the sticks a few times.

There really is no "best stick," because everyone's opinion is different. Personally, my opinion is the Nike Bauer One90. Although, others may vote for the SL, ST, XXX-Lite, or any other stick on the market.

I think the one I recieved today. It is the RBK 9K O-stick. It does not go on the market until August but my friend is listed as a "consultant" for a large sports company and gets it early. Pretty neat stick, has 5 or 6 holes near the bottom of the shaft. It will retail for $300 Canadian next month.

I'll reserve a final decision until I actually use it but it seems to be the cat's a$$.

• The Easton Stealths are incredibly light, strong and durable. Their my pick for my favorite stick

I don't think there is any one best stick. Its all a matter of your style of play and what stick you feel comfortable with. It took me a few years before I finally found the one I like.

i think its beween easton and vapor because they r both light and flexable.two peice stinks r the best for shootin because the flex and give more power off. I SAY VAPOR AND EASTON

i just had a ccm vector and it broke today at my game. 2 big kids wer goin oppisite dirrections and the blade snapped in the middle

i agree with alex e although i use that and reebok too. depends on how good im playing, if im not playing well then ill switch.(hey it helps sometimes)

i like eastons personally