Tijuana exxo asked in SportsBoxing · 1 decade ago

Why does Manny Pacquiao always fall for Arum's cheap tricks like fighting for Sotto?

Is Manny really stupid or just exploited?

Manny already made a big mistake fighting Solis, he could have earned bigger if he fights GBP's elite. And now Arum tricked him into fighting Solis (Revenge crap is what he say for beating lousy brother bobby Pacquiao). No glory for that, like his win with unknown Solis.

Favorite Answer

The rumors are that he could have had a huge payday with Barrera, but Barrera has one more fight left with GBP and since he(Barrera) is not happy with GBP he does not want them to make a lot of money off of him. The rumors go on to say that Marquez is asking for to much money to fight Pacman and since Arum feels that Marquez "can't draw flies" they feel the fight is not worth the risk because the money split won't benefit Manny. Juan Guzman who could be a big risk to Manny is injured. So Sotto(who looks like a legit challenger) is really the only one out there for Manny to fight. The revenge thing you mentioned is the only fuel they need to make this a big fight because Pacquiao is already a HUGE draw. So no I don't think he is stupid, he is just choosing the best option out there, a Marquez and Barrera rematch will still be available wether he or they win or lose their future bouts.

Source(s): fightnews.com Me, myself and I
  • I admit, This is a no win situation for Manny. This fight is a HIGH RISK with no reward. Soto is a dangerous fighter with a great chance to beat him. Unfortunately, Manny is not going to get paid as much if he was fighting Marquez or Barrera. Because of Politics those fights will never happen. This way Arum gets all the money because most likely there will be a rematch (or a trilogy) if Soto wins, Which I think he will. I disagree that fighting Solis was mistake. Manny was looking to promote his race for senator with free publicity, which he got. He wanted a easy fight. The mistake was made by the public for buying this fight.

Stupid or exploited?. I say both. Manny's just too dumb that he's taken for a ride all the time. It's not only Arum who's exploiting him but also his greedy so-called friends and advisers (there are hundreds of 'em). Imagine, these guys duped him into running for a congressional seat and made him actually believe that he could be good legislator.

he has to fight marques again and knock em out. by then i can die happy.