help me with me this defination and tell where you find them in the internet?

1. anthropophobiac

2. anthropophagi

3. philanderer

4. philanthropy

5. misanthrope

6. misoneism

7. bibliomaniac

8. bibliotheca

9. euphonious

10. phonograph

11. cancography

12. graphology

13. scope

14. euphoria

15. cacophony

16. megaphone

17. microscope

18. macroscopic

19. macron

20. telegraph

21. bibliophile

22. symphony

23. megalomaniac

24. skeptical

25. aphonic

Update:

i would give 10 points who ever answer my question carefully

12 Answers

Relevance
  • ?????
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

1. one who has a morbid fear of mankind.

2. anthropophagi (cannibals) may refer to one of the following:

Creatures from English folklore with no heads and a mouth in their chests. Their diminutive brain was located in their groin, and their eyes on their shoulders. While they were made widely known by William Shakespeare in The Merry Wives of Windsor (1602) and Othello (1605), they were not created by Shakespeare, and indeed were mentioned as early as the 5th century BC in the Histories of Herodotus as "blemmyes".

The name given to primitive Christians by others. This usage appears in Tertullian, in his Apologeticus (ch. VII), and Salvian (de Provid. Lib. IV). They affirmed that the Christians, in the mysteries of their religion, killed a child and feasted on its flesh. This was grounded on what they had heard of the Eucharist.

3. philanderer is a man who engages in love affairs with women he cannot or will not marry. The love affairs are typically sexually motivated, with little emotional attachment. The most famous of these is typically Giacomo Casanova, though his motivations and level of commitment are debatable.

4. philanthropy- showing great love for one's fellow man.

5. misanthrope- one who hates mankind

6. hatred or dislike of what is new or represents change

7. excessive fondness for acquiring and possessing books

8. bibliotheca (3 definitions)

.1. a collection of books; a library.

2. a list of books, esp. a bookseller's catalog.

3. Obsolete. the Bible.

9. pleasant in sound; agreeable to the ear.

10.phonograph-any sound-reproducing machine using records in the form of cylinders or discs .

11. cacography?-1. bad handwriting; poor penmanship.

2. incorrect spelling. The way you spelled this word it wasn't in the dictionary.

12. Graphology is the study and analysis of handwriting especially in relation to human psychology. The term is sometimes incorrectly used to refer to forensic document examination. In the medical field, it is used to refer to the study of handwriting as an aid in diagnosis, and tracking of diseases of the brain, and nervous system.

Critics cite the lack of supporting empirical evidence as a reason to not use graphology for personality evaluation. Supporters point to the anecdotal evidence of thousands of positive testimonials as a reason to use it for personality evaluation.

This is a good start and back to work i must go.

Source(s): www.dictionary.com or Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
  • 1 decade ago

? =can't find, 1l. abnormal fear of people, 2. man eaters, cannibals,3. man who has many love affairs. 4. love of mankind in general. 5. on who hate or mistrust humankind. 6. hateor fear of change or innovation .7? 8? 9. pleasing or agreeaable to the ear. 10. machine that reproduces sound from a grooved disk. 11. ? 12. study of handwritting. 13. range of one's perception. 14. feelong of great happpiness or well-being. 15. jarring-discordant sound 16. funnel type device used to direct and amplify voice. 17. an instrument used to magnify images of small objects.18 large enough to examine by the unaided eye19. diaviteral mark (-) placedover a vowel indication the long sound. 20. to send or transmit a message 21? 22. concert, concord, harmony 23. an obsesion with grandiouse or extravagant things or actions. 24. questioning, in doubt, unsure 25. lack of power or faculty of speech, dumb, mute, voiceless.(I found these all in ASK.com. the ones with the ? mark may have been spelled wrong).

• 1 decade ago

1.Definition: afraid of people, esp. meeting people

2.eaters of human flesh; cannibals.

3. 1. To carry on a sexual affair, especially an extramarital affair, with a woman one cannot or does not intend to marry. Used of a man.

2. To engage in many love affairs, especially with a frivolous or casual attitude. Used of a man.

4.An activity performed with the goal of promoting the well-being of fellow man.

5.a hater of humankind.

6.hatred or dislike of what is new or represents change.

7.excessive fondness for acquiring and possessing books.

8. a collection of books; a library.

9.pleasant in sound; agreeable to the ear

10.any sound-reproducing machine using records in the form of cylinders or discs.

you can find definitions at dictionary.com

• 1 decade ago

Maybe you should look in the dictionary. Ya know the big book with words and their definitions.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

My favorite site for looking up words is www.dictionary.com. Hope that helps you!

Good luck!

• 1 decade ago

Try the yahoo library on yahoo.com

Source(s): Use it myself
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

http://www.m-w.com/dictionary Check out this website and others like it for definitions.

• 1 decade ago

dictionary.com

there's also a thesauras, translator and many other online (and free) tools

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

it means that you are shy of the internetand dont commonly use it.

• 1 decade ago

i would search them on wikipedia its a good site.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.