help me with me this defination and tell where you find them in the internet?
i would give 10 points who ever answer my question carefully
- ?????Lv 71 decade agoFavorite Answer
1. one who has a morbid fear of mankind.
2. anthropophagi (cannibals) may refer to one of the following:
Creatures from English folklore with no heads and a mouth in their chests. Their diminutive brain was located in their groin, and their eyes on their shoulders. While they were made widely known by William Shakespeare in The Merry Wives of Windsor (1602) and Othello (1605), they were not created by Shakespeare, and indeed were mentioned as early as the 5th century BC in the Histories of Herodotus as "blemmyes".
The name given to primitive Christians by others. This usage appears in Tertullian, in his Apologeticus (ch. VII), and Salvian (de Provid. Lib. IV). They affirmed that the Christians, in the mysteries of their religion, killed a child and feasted on its flesh. This was grounded on what they had heard of the Eucharist.
3. philanderer is a man who engages in love affairs with women he cannot or will not marry. The love affairs are typically sexually motivated, with little emotional attachment. The most famous of these is typically Giacomo Casanova, though his motivations and level of commitment are debatable.
4. philanthropy- showing great love for one's fellow man.
5. misanthrope- one who hates mankind
6. hatred or dislike of what is new or represents change
7. excessive fondness for acquiring and possessing books
8. bibliotheca (3 definitions)
.1. a collection of books; a library.
2. a list of books, esp. a bookseller's catalog.
3. Obsolete. the Bible.
9. pleasant in sound; agreeable to the ear.
10.phonograph-any sound-reproducing machine using records in the form of cylinders or discs .
11. cacography?-1. bad handwriting; poor penmanship.
2. incorrect spelling. The way you spelled this word it wasn't in the dictionary.
12. Graphology is the study and analysis of handwriting especially in relation to human psychology. The term is sometimes incorrectly used to refer to forensic document examination. In the medical field, it is used to refer to the study of handwriting as an aid in diagnosis, and tracking of diseases of the brain, and nervous system.
Critics cite the lack of supporting empirical evidence as a reason to not use graphology for personality evaluation. Supporters point to the anecdotal evidence of thousands of positive testimonials as a reason to use it for personality evaluation.
This is a good start and back to work i must go.Source(s): www.dictionary.com or Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
- ruth4526Lv 71 decade ago
? =can't find, 1l. abnormal fear of people, 2. man eaters, cannibals,3. man who has many love affairs. 4. love of mankind in general. 5. on who hate or mistrust humankind. 6. hateor fear of change or innovation .7? 8? 9. pleasing or agreeaable to the ear. 10. machine that reproduces sound from a grooved disk. 11. ? 12. study of handwritting. 13. range of one's perception. 14. feelong of great happpiness or well-being. 15. jarring-discordant sound 16. funnel type device used to direct and amplify voice. 17. an instrument used to magnify images of small objects.18 large enough to examine by the unaided eye19. diaviteral mark (-) placedover a vowel indication the long sound. 20. to send or transmit a message 21? 22. concert, concord, harmony 23. an obsesion with grandiouse or extravagant things or actions. 24. questioning, in doubt, unsure 25. lack of power or faculty of speech, dumb, mute, voiceless.(I found these all in ASK.com. the ones with the ? mark may have been spelled wrong).
- 1 decade ago
1.Definition: afraid of people, esp. meeting people
2.eaters of human flesh; cannibals.
3. 1. To carry on a sexual affair, especially an extramarital affair, with a woman one cannot or does not intend to marry. Used of a man.
2. To engage in many love affairs, especially with a frivolous or casual attitude. Used of a man.
4.An activity performed with the goal of promoting the well-being of fellow man.
5.a hater of humankind.
6.hatred or dislike of what is new or represents change.
7.excessive fondness for acquiring and possessing books.
8. a collection of books; a library.
9.pleasant in sound; agreeable to the ear
10.any sound-reproducing machine using records in the form of cylinders or discs.
you can find definitions at dictionary.com
- 1 decade ago
Maybe you should look in the dictionary. Ya know the big book with words and their definitions.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- MhaerieLv 51 decade ago
My favorite site for looking up words is www.dictionary.com. Hope that helps you!
- Icyelene RLv 41 decade ago
Try the yahoo library on yahoo.comSource(s): Use it myself
- Anonymous1 decade ago
http://www.m-w.com/dictionary Check out this website and others like it for definitions.
- 1 decade ago
there's also a thesauras, translator and many other online (and free) tools
- Anonymous4 years ago
it means that you are shy of the internetand dont commonly use it.
- 1 decade ago
i would search them on wikipedia its a good site.