Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 decade ago

How do I get a divorce Decree, or even find out if I AM divorced?

I live in Illinois, However my ex husband filed for divorce in Cumberland County, NC. We never went to court for our divorce, he simply sent me some papers. I signed them in front of a notary, and sent them back. I have no idea if the divorced was even finalized. My ex husband is now in Iraq and I have no way of contacting him. How do i get this info!!!??

Favorite Answer

Cumberland County Family Court (910) 678-2929

Call the number above and ask to speak to the Circuit Clerk of Family Court... tell them your situation and ask them if there is a petition for divorce on file. If so, you can ask them how you can obtain copies of the documents.

Best of luck to you...

Wildflower

Divorce decrees must be filed in the county of record. You can contact Cumberland County Courthouse @ P.O. Box 363 Fayetteville, NC (910)678-2902. They should be able to provide you with the necessary documentation.

FAMILY COURT ADMINSTRATOR (910) 678-2929

I would imagine you would call the courthouse and request a certified copy of your decree; call the Family Court Administrator and tell them your circumstance and see if they can help you.