Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 decade ago

How do I get a divorce Decree, or even find out if I AM divorced?

I live in Illinois, However my ex husband filed for divorce in Cumberland County, NC. We never went to court for our divorce, he simply sent me some papers. I signed them in front of a notary, and sent them back. I have no idea if the divorced was even finalized. My ex husband is now in Iraq and I have no way of contacting him. How do i get this info!!!??

3 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    Cumberland County Family Court (910) 678-2929

    Call the number above and ask to speak to the Circuit Clerk of Family Court... tell them your situation and ask them if there is a petition for divorce on file. If so, you can ask them how you can obtain copies of the documents.

    Best of luck to you...


    • Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

    Divorce decrees must be filed in the county of record. You can contact Cumberland County Courthouse @ P.O. Box 363 Fayetteville, NC (910)678-2902. They should be able to provide you with the necessary documentation.

    • Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago


    I would imagine you would call the courthouse and request a certified copy of your decree; call the Family Court Administrator and tell them your circumstance and see if they can help you.

    • Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.